Dirt and polution or fake news?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Good commentary from Inés Aizpún in today's Diario Libre.

Her conclusion (quick translation)
"Shooting the messenger, blaming her for the bad news is an inability to understand where the problem lies or what the solution is. A new government is taking over soon. The environment, public health [ministries], city councils... will have to sit at the same table because neither the photo nor Vogue is the problem."

Reactions: Andre14615

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Good commentary from Inés Aizpún in today's Diario Libre.

Her conclusion (quick translation)
"Shooting the messenger, blaming her for the bad news is an inability to understand where the problem lies or what the solution is. A new government is taking over soon. The environment, public health [ministries], city councils... will have to sit at the same table because neither the photo nor Vogue is the problem."
I wholeheartedly agree. But Dominicans are really angered this as they walk by trash everyday. I dont get it.

Sep 22, 2009
I wholeheartedly agree. But Dominicans are really angered this as they walk by trash everyday. I dont get it.
Expanding on his, it should not be ignored the disgusting trash buildup in Cabarete. It was always baffling to me how a town that prided themselves as tourist lambones and sankies could let trash build.up for 2 weeks at a time. Right in front of the PN by the ball field you could even see stray pigs eating from the garbage. Dogs with gaping wounds and screw worms camping out by the massive garbage pile ups. Callejon, just as horrific - just ask the cat sized rats. The dumpsters so overflowing so sad. The problem folks isn't just a dried Coco on the beach and a used water bottle. Vouge should have done a photoshoot in the streets of Cab. You call the Ayuntamiento And they tell you there's one truck and it's in the shop.

Reactions: CaribeDigital

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The country promotes itself as a destination with pristine beaches and glorious landscapes. Yet the very people whose living depends on tourism - minivan and taxi drivers - are the main litterers on the roadsides. As soon as the tourists are driven out of PC airport, once they get past the large rotonda, the roadsides and central reservations are strewn with litter.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The country promotes itself as a destination with pristine beaches and glorious landscapes. Yet the very people whose living depends on tourism - minivan and taxi drivers - are the main litterers on the roadsides. As soon as the tourists are driven out of PC airport, once they get past the large rotonda, the roadsides and central reservations are strewn with litter.

Taxi drivers globally have never had an astounding reputation in the cleanliness department.

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu