Do-it-Yourself Temporary Residency Renewal Procedure (Instructions)

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I tried online but it keeps telling me it doesn't recognize the CIS number.....I am putting in the number from top right hand corner of my slip from bank. So what am I doing wrong?
I'm not sure, but I think you get the CIS number when you pay online. If you paid at a bank, maybe you have to get the Certificate from the court, as before.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I tried online but it keeps telling me it doesn't recognize the CIS number.....I am putting in the number from top right hand corner of my slip from bank. So what am I doing wrong?
I think you're using the wrong number. Check and make sure it has the same number of digits as in the example.

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
Make you you have your login and the bank receipt with the CIS number both with your cedula or both with your passport. If your login is with the cedula, but you got the receipt from the bank with your passport it will give you this error. If that's the case the easiest 'fix' is go again to the bank and pay again the 600 Pesos for the receipt by showing them your cedula (if your login is with cedula) or with passport (if your login is with passport). Changing your account login from cedula to passport (or vis-a-versa) is probably much more complicated.

bennymack

Apr 12, 2006
Excuse me / Perdon, is there a thread for DOING PERMANENT RESIDENCY RENEWAL YOURSELF ?

searched back to 2019, but its only about temporary, changing to permanent, or pensions

otherwise will read this whole thread, its probably similar process, maybe less requirements
(my permanent status specifically need photo and 6 months of bank statements showing $2,000/mo)

I'd like to try to do it myself when it comes up again in 2 years, and save the $1,500 attorney fee. no risk, as it doesn't expire (not living full time in DR), just pay late penalty.

gracias
Yes there is. It's called - "Do-it-Yourself Permanent Residency Renewal Procedure" But the process is pretty similar.
I will be renewing mine in the fall. I may go for Residencia Definitive (RD-1) this time.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Yes there is. It's called - "Do-it-Yourself Permanent Residency Renewal Procedure" But the process is pretty similar.
I will be renewing mine in the fall. I may go for Residencia Definitive (RD-1) this time.
Please let us know the details to change.