Do you have any experience buying a new car in the DR?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Not necessarily. Many of the franchised dealers have loose affiliations/associations with other dealers throughout the country. One of my clients in Moca has at various times had new cars they were holding/showing for the franchised new car dealer in Santo Domingo.

Unless you order one through a dealer, you are probably not going to find a new Jimni for sale for quite some time. They are just not that popular here.

Again, good luck.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
That's putting it lightly. Every new model year vehicles from every franchised dealer show up on most of the other smaller dealers all through the country.

I don't know if it's due to the large amount they received due to a quota of some sort but it's infinitely cheaper to have vehicles sitting on other lots instead of paying rental for land.

Jan 9, 2004
That's putting it lightly. Every new model year vehicles from every franchised dealer show up on most of the other smaller dealers all through the country.

I don't know if it's due to the large amount they received due to a quota of some sort but it's infinitely cheaper to have vehicles sitting on other lots instead of paying rental for land.

It gives the franchised dealers a wider marketing area in addition to not forcing customers to have to drive to Santo Domingo. Some dealers have also opened dealerships in Santiago.....so there is expansion there that did not exist only a few years ago.

The mentality that everything and everyone must go to SD, whether for government services or products, is slowly changing for the better.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Fixed rates

Attachments

• 21ABE405-D049-4848-8508-1185E455549D.jpeg
    21ABE405-D049-4848-8508-1185E455549D.jpeg
    707.2 KB · Views: 191

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
The first car I bought was in fact a new Toyota Rav 4. And as for stolen cars in the DR they almost do not even exist.
Most of the stolen cars here are totaly taken apart...and I mean until nothing but the unibody remains ...then all those parts are sold...much more money in untraceable parts than a whole stolen car........

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Imported 1under new res rules,
1 here, no problem. Sold one here, no problem. Bought 1 here, no problem.