Dominican Government Grocery Help Due To Inflation

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The Dominican government has created grocery bags that include several food items at reduced pricing. The purpose is to offer a more economical option due to the higher inflation due to the pandemic and the effects of the Russia-Ukraine war. The bags are on sale in several supermarkets.

This story in Spanish from today was taken at the Plaza Lama on 27 de Febrero Ave in Santo Domingo. The people say the bags are worth it si ce they do offer savings. Anyone interested keep an eye out for white bags with the words INESPRE.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Hard to determine the value of the pack. Looks to me like entry level price products ( to not say cheap sh.it😖😖😖) for the rice, oil and salami.

I daresay no crazy savings for campo folks.
1000 pesos will get you A LOT of not-very-good-quality-products, in a colmado around my parts.
You can get cheap and nasty salami for less than 50RD/lb---- not that i would eat it, mind you, but in a pinch its just OK for my dogs dinner.
Sardines for around 35,40 pesos, a tin, i think.

I am guessing it has more value for city folks where the basic food items are a bit more expensive ?

Reactions: CristoRey