Dominicanize Yourself: Deception and Subterfuge

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
There are ex-pats such as Messineymar. They are upfront, honest, straight shooter types. They are used to deals being done square, looking right in the eye where you mean what you say and say what you mean. Unfortunately, such is not always the case within the DR. I see a dichotomy between ex-pats raised in the strong Calvinist work ethic typical of Anglo-Saxon cultures where hard work and honesty is the means to achieve versus our Spanish Catholic social structure where deception and subterfuge was and is the modus operandi.

This is not to say that every transaction between two in the DR involves this. It most certainly does not. But until you are sure of the other, you must dominicanize yourself. I would say Dominicans on average, not all or else the word pairguayo wouldn't exist, are psychologically light years ahead of ex-pats, tourists, foreign residents. I view the usual hokey pokey bloated belly Carnival cruise line tourist as prime meat for centuries of psychologically hardened Dominicans. It seems to be easy pickings for these vultures trained in carrion.

The greatest danger lies in relationships in which the female initially is actually interested or feigns interest to obtain a material advantage and/or business transactions involving money. Ex-pats have been on the losing side of these two transactions, exchanges. It has been as a result of being psychological neophytes in an environment where deception and subterfuge are the norm. The devastating emotional, psychological, economical toll on both Dominican and ex-pat alike is stratospheric and demands concrete answers to. What is to be done about it?

LESSON NUMBER-1
Allow me to Dominicanize you. At the point of intersection in an exchange between you and another, you must assume the other will try to deceive you. You must think quick. You corner them into an outcome out of which there are only two possible answers of which one is clearly the lie. The Dominican or dominicanized ex-pat will know you have cornered him/her into two possible outcomes and he/she also knows you know that one answer is clearly a lie. He/she has no choice but to tell you the truth. This skill takes time to hone but you can do it.

You assume that if there is a benefit that the Dominican, Dominican foreign resident or Dominicanized ex-pat can obtain from his exchange with you, he will certainly lie. Once again if the transaction represents any type of benefit to the other, you automatically assume subterfuge and deceit. It is at that point that you begin to craft your own deception within to counter his or hers. Don't rush into this. Take your time. The crafting of a well planned deception takes time. Remember you must protect your emotions and money always.

We'll get into more on this with concrete examples. As any skill, it takes time, experience and examples to learn. Trial and error always helps to set you on the right path. You can dominicanize yourself to survive in those waters. Don't feel this is a cumbersome process. In time you will enjoy getting the upper hand on the other and the other not expecting it. In time, the others will cease trying knowing you can corner them over and over again into truth and lie.
This is worth revisiting. I've been on this tight little island for almost 20 years and what O%C describes is spot on; Naked Snake checking in was just frosting on the cake.

His description of how to turn the tables on that particular subset of locals is Dominican Social Poker 101.

Five years on and this thread has not aged.

Discuss.

Reactions: Onions/Carrots
Jan 3, 2003
This is worth revisiting. I've been on this tight little island for almost 20 years and what O%C describes is spot on; Naked Snake checking in was just frosting on the cake.

His description of how to turn the tables on that particular subset of locals is Dominican Social Poker 101.

Discuss.
Thanks buddy. We've both been on DR1 for a very long time. I remember asking you a very long time ago if your DR name had something to do with your European Ancestry. CELTIC?

Lesson 2 will deal with the cost-benefit ratio and the Dominican Female and of course maintaining our position that deception and subterfuge is the key to success.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Thanks buddy. We've both been on DR1 for a very long time. I remember asking you a very long time ago if your DR name had something to do with your European Ancestry. CELTIC?

Lesson 2 will deal with the cost-benefit ratio and the Dominican Female and of course maintaining our position that deception and subterfuge is the key to success.
Yep. My brother had his DNA done and it came back 97%+ "British isles".
There are straightforward people here but if you can't spot the clever liars you're cooked.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014

Discuss.

Why , this is true .

Discuss ? Naah , not worth it . Not much to add to what has already been said , IMO.

Also , the “great opiners” on DR1 for this type of discussion have either moved on or have been banned . I would be suprised ( and interested ) to see any new insights on the topic .