Dominicans in Las Terrenas are fed up with Haitians

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
All I'm asking is: Why do the posters of this idea, and they seem to feel very strongly about their prediction, stay and face the consequences?
I'm not asking for stats, facts, bar charts...only, why are they staying and not going?
For the same reasons every year the government gives Dominicans plenty of time to get the new marbete, but year after year it seems most people wait until the very last minute.

No one is saying they want the DR to be invaded by the gangs, it’s simply what will happen if nothing is done and that is regardless of who wants it or not.

Reactions: Squat

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I am not French, but you have issues with the French? Please explain.
Well, I worked with, drank and played sports with French Canadians for years. In general, they are a loud and boisterous people, but there are plenty that are quiet and reserved as well. Even most of them think of the French from France as arrogant and rude. I have been to France 4 times on vacation with the longest about two weeks. My opinion of the people in Paris was pretty low but in other areas I found them very agreeable (love French bread, jams and stinky cheese) In the two times I have been in Las Terrenas my only observation was that Italians are lousy drivers. The main problem I see with Haitians is there is just too many of them and they breed a lot.

Reactions: XTraveller

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Not sure what city this is, last 2 seconds are graphic.
Is it safe to assume the DR is not where he picked up on that habit?

I once saw a video of a group of Haitians that open a manhole at the intersection in front of Megacentro and they were dipping in and frolicking in the water that was gushing from there. They seem very happy and smiling, but that is the public water they get in their homes.

Reactions: KyleMackey