Europeans stay away from Cuba !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
Dominicans no longer need a visa to enter the US. I personally know a few who have family members who've moved up to NYC recently.
I kid you not, they literally just walked across the border about a mile from a border station in south Texas and two days later they were bussed to New York free of charge.
You mean aboard the refugee train?

Then again there is the legal arrival and stay.

US visa for Dominican Republic citizens Dominican Republic citizens must obtain a visa before travelling to US. US B1/B2 Visa is required for Dominican Republic citizens. With this tourist visa stay is usually long with a period of 180 days and visa expires in upto 10 years. Applicant is required to be present when applying for US tourist visa. A total of 11 documents are required for applying US tourist visa. You can find US visa exemptions. (Source:

But you know that.
About time the DR, USA, CAN, EU come to some hard resolutions regarding refugees and uncontrolled entry to their countries.

Reactions: CristoRey

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I always thought that Cuba did not stamp passports rather they give a stamp on a separate paper. At least that was the experience some of my family had. Maybe it has changed. May be interesting to hear what issues a Dominican citizen who has traveled to Cuba but later tries for a US Visa may/will have.
I am a US citizen and that's what happened to me when I visited Cuba, during the brief, relatively open window from 2009 to 2017.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I am a US citizen and that's what happened to me when I visited Cuba, during the brief, relatively open window from 2009 to 2017.
I know lots of Americans who've traveled there. None of them had to have a passport stamped at arrival or departure. Don't know any Dominicans.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Guatemala started to require a visa to Dominicans, so that put an end to that. According to the rumor mill, Guatemala was pressured to require visas again by Washington DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.