FDC: Chinese businesses violate the laws

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Federacion-de-Comerciantes-El-Nuevo-Diario-e1687436317176.png

The president of the Dominican Federation of Merchants (FDC) called for the creating of a interinstitutional committee to investigate irregularities in the operation of Chinese businesses. Ivan García said that the Chinese businesses are finding all sorts of loopholes to evade tax and labor laws. He said these are creating unfair competition with those that comply with the laws.

The FDC says that the Chinese businesses that sell clothes, electronics, hardware and even pharmacies are unfair competition.

Read more in Spanish:Diario Libre

22 June 2023

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
This is the biggest crock I've read to-date. The DR government takes millions from the Chinese. The DR is more in bed with China than any other country. Some funcionario is concerned with tax, safety and health infringements 🤣🤣🤣 Maybe he didn't get the memo.
I'd love to know who is the head honcho for the Chinese mafi... er.... business association here.

It's a very well-oiled machine for sure.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
  • Haha

Facepalm Supreme

Dec 29, 2022
Santo Domingo
This is the biggest crock I've read to-date. The DR government takes millions from the Chinese. The DR is more in bed with China than any other country. Some funcionario is concerned with tax, safety and health infringements 🤣🤣🤣 Maybe he didn't get the memo.
Who knows how much of their violence-work is outsourced but I gotta say the Chinese sure do get a lot done without using overt violent methods or at the very least they don't shit where they lie. Not sure if they are using diplomacy, simply greasing a lot of palms, or what but you don't hear about the Chinese playing shoot'em up bang bang. They are however always in the shadows, have outfits in basically every country, and like I said they seem to get a lot done without making any noise.

I gotta say in some ways it's admirable, although very dangerous and concerning in the long-run.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Chinese are not honest in business - you would think they wouldn't need to cheat because there has to be a huge markup in the useless crap they sell to Dominicans