Firearm licence renewal amnesty ends tomorrow

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Ever since the new firearm renewal process was introduced during Covid in 2020, I didn't bother renewing. Taking my gun to SD every year to have the same gun tested at the ballistics labs to get the same results was always a chore, considering I'm on the North Coast. Then they introduced a psych eval requirement too. It's obvious the govt doesn't want average citizens possessing firearms. I locked my gun away and pretty much forgot about it.

During this weekend I received a WhatsApp message from LABBS informing me that if I paid the renewal fee before May 15th, I would be forgiven the last three years I missed. So today I paid the renewal fee. Considering my licence expired in 2020, I paid 9000 pesos and change to get me up-to-date.

Now I need to find a local quack to certify me sane enough to hold a firearm, do a drugs test and get the ballistic test done again. I've been hearing rumours that there is now a centre in Santiago. Can anyone confirm?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Can anybody confirm --- or infirm--- that shotguns are still exempt from renewals, ie the permit is valid forever.

Thanks.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Can anybody confirm --- or infirm--- that shotguns are still exempt from renewals, ie the permit is valid forever.

Thanks.
Correct…no renewal needed… handgun rules changing to every 2 yrs I think…

Reactions: malko

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The Quack Psych person can be seen at the same location in Sano Trafficjam where they do they absolutely ridiculous (henceforth semi-annual) ballistics check and so can the pee in a cup test.