Food and shelter needed..

Unit5

Jun 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
what resources are available for a small family (mom and 2 kids) desperately seeking food and shelter? it's a matter of survival. family currently lives in POP.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions...

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
what resources are available for a small family (mom and 2 kids) desperately seeking food and shelter? it's a matter of survival. family currently lives in POP.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions...
I don't know of any official places, but you would think that some govt agency would do something? Is nobody from family (extended family) or friends able to jump in and help? I have also seen people setting up things on one of those website where you can ask for donations for people in need of help...

Unit5

Jun 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
I don't know of any official places, but you would think that some govt agency would do something? Is nobody from family (extended family) or friends able to jump in and help? I have also seen people setting up things on one of those website where you can ask for donations for people in need of help...
unfortunately, no. Family and friends are not able to help. This, I don't understand as I've heard that Dominicans put family first - not in this case.
Are you referring to gofundme? I'll research this... I've also mentioned to her to seek help from the church..

Reactions: dot

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
unfortunately, no. Family and friends are not able to help. This, I don't understand as I've heard that Dominicans put family first - not in this case.
Are you referring to gofundme? I'll research this... I've also mentioned to her to seek help from the church..
Yea, if family can't or won't, her church should step up. Keep us informed.

Reactions: Neargale

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Not every Dominican has family. There are a lot of orphans here. We recently had the mother of one our students die from Dengue. No family, she was an orphan herself. Two children , boy 15 and girl 7. Lovely and polite children. A Neighbour that has two children took them in. We are providing her free schooling. The neighbor has been dealing with the government but no funds yet.