Grand Paradise Samana to be revamped into Wyndham Alltra Samana

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Grand-Paradise-Samana-Official-Webpage-1024x680.png

The Grand Paradise Samana will become the Wyndham Alltra Samana. The 404-room property will undergo a major renovation this year. It is scheduled to reopen in the third quarter of the year. The resort is located on Playa Grande in Las Galeras, the northeastern-most tourism beach area of the Samana peninsula.

Playa Hotels & Resorts will manage the property after it joins with Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.

Fernando Mulet, chief investment officer for Playa Hotels & Resorts said “We are pleased to continue the growth of the Wyndham Alltra brand and are excited to launch a new property in a fast-growing region of the Dominican Republic. Many developers are beginning to hear about Samaná, and we’re excited to support the awareness of this desirable destination with the opening of this new resort.”

Renovations will focus on main common areas, food and beverage...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
It is almost April and they plan to do a major renovation of a 400 room hotel and reopen in the third quarter? Sounds like the CIO has never been to the DR.

Reactions: Kipling333

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
It is almost April and they plan to do a major renovation of a 400 room hotel and reopen in the third quarter? Sounds like the CIO has never been to the DR.
Painting and fixing leaky faucets doesn't take long.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Blue Collar Town in New Jersey
oh ohh,, thats My Spot .. I know that place like the back of my hand .. going to have to look into this .
I detected a problem some years back as they invited these Time Share Scammers there .. that was a warning sign that something was up ..
The Bathrooms do need renovations .. the property Layout is very nice. Las Galeras area has amazing Beaches .
The Location is imo one of the most perfect spots on the Samana Peninsula.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
oh ohh,, thats My Spot .. I know that place like the back of my hand .. going to have to look into this .
I detected a problem some years back as they invited these Time Share Scammers there .. that was a warning sign that something was up ..
The Bathrooms do need renovations .. the property Layout is very nice. Las Galeras area has amazing Beaches .
The Location is imo one of the most perfect spots on the Samana Peninsula.
Would this be good for whale watching next year?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Blue Collar Town in New Jersey
I have stayed there. You can paint a turd, but it's still a turd. The WORST resort I have ever stayed at and I'm easy to please.
What year was that ? can you give us any specifics ?
Imo, this place is all about Location, not staying locked up and not going out ., and to that respect this place is a 9 out of 10 , for Samana.
If you did not have a rental car, then I see why you hated it . curious what happened .

nigrarosa

Jan 3, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
What year was that ? can you give us any specifics ?
Imo, this place is all about Location, not staying locked up and not going out ., and to that respect this place is a 9 out of 10 , for Samana.
If you did not have a rental car, then I see why you hated it . curious what happened .
The location was great, but the beach at the resort has a lot to be desired, they had ninety percent of the bay in front roped off that you had to pay to snorkel. The room was really rough and the food was horrid. The location is the only good thing about this resort. This was 2008.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
The location was great, but the beach at the resort has a lot to be desired, they had ninety percent of the bay in front roped off that you had to pay to snorkel. The room was really rough and the food was horrid. The location is the only good thing about this resort. This was 2008.
This is the AMHSA? I was there in 2013 when I came to volunteer in Cabarete. Nothing was roped off then. The beach was quiet and there was a herd of horses roaming nearby.

There was a pond of fish behind the restaurant that we fed bread.

It was dated but clean. I don’t remember the food being great, but I survived.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
This is the AMHSA? I was there in 2013 when I came to volunteer in Cabarete. Nothing was roped off then. The beach was quiet and there was a herd of horses roaming nearby.

There was a pond of fish behind the restaurant that we fed bread.

It was dated but clean. I don’t remember the food being great, but I survived.
It has been remodeled since 2013. It is not an elegant resort but decent for the price. I wish someone would go through after remodeling or new construction and “dot the i’s and cross the t’s ”. You see paint splatters and paint overspray which is common in the DR but very easy to fix with a little cheap labor.
The beach is very nice and clean. I only had breakfast when I stayed in 2021, which was good. The facilities were clean. The view out to the ocean is very nice but I don’t think you see whales out in that direction.
It is the first place I stayed when I fell in love with the country.
When they remodel hopefully they will upgrade it a little bit, but overall it is a nice place to stay.

Reactions: jd426

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
It has been remodeled since 2013. It is not an elegant resort but decent for the price. I wish someone would go through after remodeling or new construction and “dot the i’s and cross the t’s ”. You see paint splatters and paint overspray which is common in the DR but very easy to fix with a little cheap labor.
The beach is very nice and clean. I only had breakfast when I stayed in 2021, which was good. The facilities were clean. The view out to the ocean is very nice but I don’t think you see whales out in that direction.
It is the first place I stayed when I fell in love with the country.
When they remodel hopefully they will upgrade it a little bit, but overall it is a nice place to stay.
Same. I love Las Galeras.

Reactions: reilleyp