Heath Insurance for Expats over 70?

hedon

Mar 26, 2008
I have heard that Expats over 70 can not buy into any health insurance plans, in the DR. even if they become residents Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Unless you have a cedula i know of no local health insurance plans available here to people 70 years old or more.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
If I was an insurer I would not welcome the most likely to have serious health issues either.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I have heard that Expats over 70 can not buy into any health insurance plans, in the DR. even if they become residents Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Senasa Plan Larimar is what you're looking for.

SeNaSa Larimar is the health insurance offered to Dominicans, foreigners (nationalized or with a passport) who wish to purchase an independent plan, as well as the Dominican diaspora that returns permanently or wants to obtain medical coverage for their family in the country.

With this plan, SeNaSa offers its voluntary affiliates (individuals and families) excellent value for money, with a wide catalog of more than 3,000 health services provided through a national network of nearly 8,000 doctors, clinics, laboratories and private diagnostic centers.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From the Larimar plan:

Requisitos​

• Completar el formulario de afiliación en línea.
  • Copia de la cédula (adultos).
  • Copia del acta de nacimiento (menores de edad).
  • Copia del acta de matrimonio o del acta de unión libre.
  • Realizar el pago previo de acuerdo al período seleccionado (Trimestral, semestral o anual).
  • Los solicitantes a partir de los 55 años deberán realizarse un chequeo médico.

Looks like you need a cedula (so a resident or naturalized citizen, not just a passport), Of course this is the DR, so why should one hand agree with the other. And that medical check up will knock out coverage on pre-existing conditions.

hedon

Mar 26, 2008
Senasa Plan Larimar is what you're looking for.

SeNaSa Larimar is the health insurance offered to Dominicans, foreigners (nationalized or with a passport) who wish to purchase an independent plan, as well as the Dominican diaspora that returns permanently or wants to obtain medical coverage for their family in the country.

With this plan, SeNaSa offers its voluntary affiliates (individuals and families) excellent value for money, with a wide catalog of more than 3,000 health services provided through a national network of nearly 8,000 doctors, clinics, laboratories and private diagnostic centers.
Thanks for the information/Gracia por la informacion

hedon

Mar 26, 2008
If I was an insurer I would not welcome the most likely to have serious health issues either.
You should stick to hanging out with your dogs. Based on your response , you're obviously not so great with people

hedon

Mar 26, 2008
From the Larimar plan:

Requisitos​

• Completar el formulario de afiliación en línea.
  • Copia de la cédula (adultos).
  • Copia del acta de nacimiento (menores de edad).
  • Copia del acta de matrimonio o del acta de unión libre.
  • Realizar el pago previo de acuerdo al período seleccionado (Trimestral, semestral o anual).
  • Los solicitantes a partir de los 55 años deberán realizarse un chequeo médico.

Looks like you need a cedula (so a resident or naturalized citizen, not just a passport), Of course this is the DR, so why should one hand agree with the other. And that medical check up will knock out coverage on pre-existing conditions.
Thanks for the information

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You should stick to hanging out with your dogs. Based on your response , you're obviously not so great with people
WTF. It's a comment on how business models are established.
It's what actuaries do. Simple.
I'm over 70 and have insurance in DR and in the US. But I got them before 70, because I knew it wasn't available later.
And I do hang out with my dogs thank you.

Reactions: SKY