Possible? - Canada to DR Without a Mask

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Copa flies from Panama City to Toronto, so you could get there on a connection.
Forget Copa. Unless they chaged the policy in the last two months when I flew this it it............

Dear Travel Agencies,
We share with you our policy on the use of face masks.
COM 20-065
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2020
Face mask usage policy
Visit copa.com and go to the
Travel Requirements section or
click here
Important Information
• If you provide information to the client on travel requirements, you should recommend
that they review the Travel Requirements section constantly so that they are kept
aware of any changes or new requirements that may impact their trip.
POLICY
• The use of face masks (medical disposable or reusable) is mandatory at all
times for our passengers, at the airport: at the check-in counters, inside
the Copa Club, at the boarding gates, in the common areas and during the
flight.

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
Forget Copa. Unless they chaged the policy in the last two months when I flew this it it............

Dear Travel Agencies,
We share with you our policy on the use of face masks.
COM 20-065
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2020
Face mask usage policy
Visit copa.com and go to the
Travel Requirements section or
click here
Important Information
• If you provide information to the client on travel requirements, you should recommend
that they review the Travel Requirements section constantly so that they are kept
aware of any changes or new requirements that may impact their trip.
POLICY
• The use of face masks (medical disposable or reusable) is mandatory at all
times for our passengers, at the airport: at the check-in counters, inside
the Copa Club, at the boarding gates, in the common areas and during the
flight.
Their current guidance makes me think you could do it:

- Face masks optional on international flights arriving to/departing Panama - should get you to Canada without one if you don't want to wear it.
- Looks like you would only need it on an internal Panama flight.

Fiji

Jul 7, 2022
Canada
Thank you all for your posts. I met a rare travel agent, and she said impossible, unless as one has already said, one goes via Europe $$$

zeferus

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Not possible to fly to Canada currently without wearing a mask, Canadian law mandates all flights terminating in Canada to enforce masks irrespective of the origin of the flight.

This is enforced whether flying Air Canada or United is what I personally experienced.

actual details

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I thought we were moving on from Covid to Monkey Pox.

What prophylactic will Canada require for that while flying?

Last time I flew to and from US on AA (June) I didn't even take a mask. And I saw only one place in Florida (at a medical appointment) where masks were worn. I showed up there without one but the receptionist said - 'Ah don't worry', and I didn't.

Since you can lower your mask to eat peanuts and drink during the flight you have to ask yourself how asinine are the rules requiring masks?

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I thought we were moving on from Covid to Monkey Pox.

What prophylactic will Canada require for that while flying?

Last time I flew to and from US on AA (June) I didn't even take a mask. And I saw only one place in Florida (at a medical appointment) where masks were worn. I showed up there without one but the receptionist said - 'Ah don't worry', and I didn't.

Since you can lower your mask to eat peanuts and drink during the flight you have to ask yourself how asinine are the rules requiring masks?
There is/was a shipping company that has a Canada-DR run biweekly out of St. John, New Brunswick. Book a room and or work your passage. No masks required.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
There is/was a shipping company that has a Canada-DR run biweekly out of St. John, New Brunswick. Book a room and or work your passage. No masks required.

Work your passage?????? Stuck at sea with a group of men for 10 days, "hi guys, what can I do to help pay for my trip".

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Work your passage?????? Stuck at sea with a group of men for 10 days, "hi guys, what can I do to help pay for my trip".
Didn’t say it was a luxury cruise. Container ships take passengers all the time. men and women are part of the crew on modern container ships. Some have amenities like small pools for crew and passengers. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the food is good. You can even take your vehicle if it’s a RO/RO vessel. You can help crew the ship or not.

If your retired and in no rush to get to your destination, sit back, relax and enjoy the time on board. The point of Chico’s post was mask free trip options.

Reactions: NanSanPedro