Instituto Postal Dominicano Santiago

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
How about the other way? What is the best way to get a letter from the US to Santiago?

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
I use bmcargo for packages and letters. packages arrive good but letters can take a month or more if at all. Does anyone know a good letter mail service from US to DR? Now Bmcargo wont except letters from fedex, or any companies with tracking numbers :(

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Letters get to me.... not sure how ... but they do!

My friend had a letter delivered to his house.... it just arrived one day
He's a bit more famous than I am.

My Old Age checks were mailed - in error- to the DR address....
so I dropped by the post office to ask.... they asked my name....

Voila !! about $6,000 in my mailbox
The girl said they'd been asking for me...
She also said that Nagua had another envelope on its way for tomorrow
(they know these things , apparently)

I now have no trouble... just drive by and if they have something for me - they wave me in.

No - I have changed the checks to direct deposit... no more mail

The system works - but you should introduce yourself to the local office

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I use bmcargo for packages and letters. packages arrive good but letters can take a month or more if at all. Does anyone know a good letter mail service from US to DR? Now Bmcargo wont except letters from fedex, or any companies with tracking numbers :(

That is why I quit using BM Cargo when they lost a package I proved was received by the Miami office.

It's hard to claim your Miami office hasn't received a package when you have the signature and name of the person who received it.

I went to my local office and asked to speak to the person in charge and they left me sitting in the front office.

By the way, they're not the only one. Most will go ghost when something disappears.

I've been using Domex now for two years. Over a thousand packages without a problem.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I have not used BMCargo but I learned with EPS & CPS - Letters I wish to receive right away are addressed to the package address and are then treated as a single courier shipment, entered into the system and sent on the next plane. More expensive but much faster.

Letters arriving addressed to the letter address, sat until the mailbag got full and someone decided to toss it on a plane. That usually took weeks and I never knew if the letter I was expecting had arrived in Miami and of course no ever told me that a letter was available for p/u at the office. .

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
I have not used BMCargo but I learned with EPS & CPS - Letters I wish to receive right away are addressed to the package address and are then treated as a single courier shipment, entered into the system and sent on the next plane. More expensive but much faster.

Letters arriving addressed to the letter address, sat until the mailbag got full and someone decided to toss it on a plane. That usually took weeks and I never knew if the letter I was expecting had arrived in Miami and of course no ever told me that a letter was available for p/u at the office. .

So EPS&CPS has two different addresses? One for packages and one for letters?

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
That is why I quit using BM Cargo when they lost a package I proved was received by the Miami office.

It's hard to claim your Miami office hasn't received a package when you have the signature and name of the person who received it.

I went to my local office and asked to speak to the person in charge and they left me sitting in the front office.

By the way, they're not the only one. Most will go ghost when something disappears.

I've been using Domex now for two years. Over a thousand packages without a problem.

Lost a debit card...Took two months and two requests to get here with bmcargo. Bank of America wont send anything Priority mail even if you offer to pay for it. Next time its a courier service for me.

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
bmcargo notifies you by email when your package arrives in miami and puerto plata. but for letters of any kind its a guessing game. call...do i have a letter there?...call...do i have a letter there? Call...no answer :)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

EPS stood tall twice for me, once with a missing package that was delivered, and another when a motherboard arrived damaged. Paid for both without many questions or excuses.

I ordered 24 motorcycle tires and used BM cargo two years ago. The dealer used several warehouses to locate and ship the tires, but eventually, all were received by BM Cargo in Miami. The BM Cargo goes and loses 6 rear tires that had been delivered. It took two weeks for them to miraculously locate a huge plastic-wrapped tube of eight 150-70/17 motorcycle tires, no small bundle. And they never offered an explanation that made sense.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
So EPS&CPS has two different addresses? One for packages and one for letters?

Yes.

The letter address is cheap maybe $RD 100 (perhpas less) per letter - I don't use that address anymore.

The package address sees each letter incurring the minimum package charge for 1 lb.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Lost a debit card...Took two months and two requests to get here with bmcargo. Bank of America wont send anything Priority mail even if you offer to pay for it. Next time its a courier service for me.
A friend of mine had the same issue with a debit card never arriving,I knew it was because they sent it in an envelope so when he ordered another one I told him to have it sent to a trusted friend in the U.S. and instruct that person to put it in a box and send it to my EPS address and he had it here in Sosua in ten days.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I got back into town after 3 years in Tennessee and Mississippi and walked into Jetpack which I had used before. The girl said she had a package for me. But couldn't find it. But won't take it off their books. Each time I go in she says she has 2 items, but there is only one.