Ivermectin - The cure we are looking for? Used here in the DR in a limited capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Playing Devils advocate: I am a believer that the stuff works based only on stories I have heard.

I am also seeing posts on FB stating PP hospital beds are almost all full.

Something is a little odd there.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If the treatment is used with any degree of frequency we should begin hearing news reports that UK hospitals are emptying out. It is my understanding that hospitals in the UK are quite full of Covid patients at this time. Give it a couple of weeks and we should see some positive reports if this protocol is effective and if it is used to treat patients. Otherwise we should see reports that it is not as effective as is being claimed by some. I am hopeful that that Ivermectin really can hinder the replication of Covid virus in the body and do hope that this can be established to the satisfaction of treatment policy makers around the world. We desperately need some way to slow this virus down. so that the vaccines can have a chance of producing personal immunity before the person gets infected waiting for the vaccine to kick in.
I think that most of these medications are successful if used before the virus has built up in your system. Once you are at the respirator stage or close it takes a little bit of luck and your bodies abilities to survive.

Reactions: Caonabo
Feb 7, 2007
I think that most of these medications are successful if used before the virus has built up in your system. Once you are at the respirator stage or close it takes a little bit of luck and your bodies abilities to survive.

Yes stage 0 and stage 1 is when it has best chance (asymptomatic, after getting positive PCR, and early symptoms - first 5 days).

I also read a study from India, I cannot find it now but it was very recent, which said that while it did not see much difference in negative PSR result of infected patients after 10 days compared to non Ivermectin control group, there was a huge difference in deaths in 30 day period (0 Ivermectina group vs 4 control group) and the study concluded that early Ivermectin treatment can prevent progress of the desease to the worst stage.

Feb 7, 2007
Yes stage 0 and stage 1 is when it has best chance (asymptomatic, after getting positive PCR, and early symptoms - first 5 days).

It's apparently best to take if in contact with positive person, or if antigen/PCR comes back positive or if losing smell/taste even if no other symptoms, or if fever over 38 degrees C is present (common cold does not truly in fever and flu usually does not result in fever over 38 C) or if any fever with shortness of breath is present.

As I understand it, it likely prevents progression to the next stage, so if taken in stage 0 it can prevent development of symptoms in stage 1, if taken in stage 1 it can prevent progression to stage 2 (high fever and considerable shortness of breath). Taking it in Stage 3 (hospitalization, with oxygen) or stage 4 (ventilator) is almost ineffective. That's what I understand from reading the studies and opinions presented in worldwide scientific publications.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Playing Devils advocate: I am a believer that the stuff works based only on stories I have heard.

The reason why we are seeing hospital rates increasing now is because people let their guard down to celebrate Navidad.

• Sad
Reactions: Caonabo and Russell

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The reason why we are seeing hospital rates increasing now is because people let their guard down to celebrate Navidad.
People did not let their guard down, they just outright refused to stay home and away from others not from their household to socialize with friends and extended family encountering strangers along the way.

Reactions: Russell

nanita

Jul 28, 2014

This is anecdotal evidence, but one of my students' daughter MAY have Covid (symptoms and waiting for test results) - their doctor (Argentina) strongly advised Ivermectin ASAP.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
People did not let their guard down, they just outright refused to stay home and away from others not from their household to socialize with friends and extended family encountering strangers along the way.

Sounds like letting their guard down to me. Payback time is happening now. Pandemic airbourne virus do not know it is a religious festival

• Angry
Reactions: Caonabo and Russell

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
That's possible and not a bad thing. Of course also most studies, most doctors, scientists and other actual experts don't tjok it works or is worth the associated risks. I'll listen to the experts and not the "self-proclaimed experts" in the comments lol

Got links Bob? ;)

While I am neither an 'expert such as you or two others within, nor a doctor here or on television, I can say that of the THREE people I know who have been diagnosed with Covid since March of last year, all were prescribed Ivermectin as part of a drug "cocktail", and ALL have recovered 100%, without side effects.
I still, personally, do not know of one person who has succumbed to Covid.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Reactions: JD Jones

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Which hospital rates are YOU personally witnessing increase, and where?
24/25 of December was 3 weeks ago. 21/22 days.
Do the Covid symptoms not occur within 5 days? Perhaps 1 week?
3 weeks later?
Even if we were to blame New Year's Eve, that was 2 weeks ago, under strict restrictions.
Please leave your anti-Christian bias at the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.