Just a small example of what problems foreigners are facing here with real estate and corrupt lawyers.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
one thing you have to admit ; Attacking the President of Ban Reservas like this needs Balls of Steal.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
The courts in Samana are definitely corrupt. Some have lost their jobs. Hopefully more will lose their jobs soon.

mykulairon

Jul 14, 2012
I don't even have to watch it. Had it happen and one reason why I avoid lawyers like the plague. Especially here in the DR.
It makes no sense how long it takes simple things that should be simple to pass through the judicial system. Then you’d think paying someone to speed things up would work but it’s just setting you up to lose money more rapidly. For one of my cases, I literally could’ve enrolled in university, graduated and taken my own case in the time that they’ve been “working on it”.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The land courts especially are a disaster here. We're going on five years trying to settle a title problem with our condo parking lot.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It must be a very frustrating career to be an honest and respected lawyer trying to accomplish things quickly, as well as hold down costs for a client .
Too much hyperbole in my statement ?