Las Terrenas

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Anyone have any actual , on the ground , you live there news, on if the restaurant beach area that burnt down in Las Terrenas, is it rebuilt or they still in the process of rebuilding?

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Anyone have any actual , on the ground , you live there news, on if the restaurant beach area that burnt down in Las Terrenas, is it rebuilt or they still in the process of rebuilding?

When we left LT last month, they had just started rebuilding, though at a typical Caribbean pace. Namely, very slowly.

The old foundation was removed, and they built an aluminum wall to protect the cars driving by.

Our Frenchie amigos living there are stating it will be completed by January 2023.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Are we talking about Pueblo de los Pescadores? That place has burnt down a couple of times now hasn't it (or is it three?). I can't see anyone will rush to set up a business there anytime soon.

I was in LT a couple of times recently. I just wonder how Air France pulling it's service completely is going to affect tourism there, the whole place is very very French and they are going to struggle to get there without direct flights.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
When we left LT last month, they had just started rebuilding, though at a typical Caribbean pace. Namely, very slowly.

The old foundation was removed, and they built an aluminum wall to protect the cars driving by.

Our Frenchie amigos living there are stating it will be completed by January 2023.
Its March 29, 2023 ? So you are aware, did you mean Jan 2024?

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Are we talking about Pueblo de los Pescadores? That place has burnt down a couple of times now hasn't it (or is it three?). I can't see anyone will rush to set up a business there anytime soon.

I was in LT a couple of times recently. I just wonder how Air France pulling it's service completely is going to affect tourism there, the whole place is very very French and they are going to struggle to get there without direct flights.
Yes i was referring to that area , but there are other restaurants and areas to explore, besides with so much beach a bottle of wine and my own picnic basket seems ideal . LOL

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Its March 29, 2023 ? So you are aware, did you mean Jan 2024?

when we were Jan 7th- March 8th 2023. The construction process started but many weeks went by and nothing was done. It'll be a miracle Fisherman's Village will be completed this year, 2023

Reactions: Lou2100