Lions Club in the DR.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The Lions Club has 48,000 chapters world wide. Their purpose of community service, helping the poor through charitable events and donations is something I think deseves a look. In addition, I see it as a means to meet your neighbors and improve your language skills and expand your social circle. There are quite a few chapters in the DR. I am actively looking to join and will of course keep you updated as I learn and participate.

In the meantime, are there members here on DR1 that are active in the Lion's Club in the DR?

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I don't know about Lions Club membership, but I'm certain that there are Rotary Clubs in the DR.

They also take on various projects that help others. The one in Puerto Plata helps the School for the Deaf among other things.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I don't know about Lions Club membership, but I'm certain that there are Rotary Clubs in the DR.

They also take on various projects that help others. The one in Puerto Plata helps the School for the Deaf among other things.
Rotary is a great club. Back in canada it was the most positive group of people I had ever seen