Loan for a start-up company.

PetAnd

Jul 10, 2023
Punta Cana
Is it possible for a start-up company to get a loan for investment in DR.
For example. if the company needs 100,000 USD to start up a production and needs to borrow 50,000 of this. 50% is invested by the owner.
How do you proceed, which documents are needed and which bank is best for companies?
Does the owner need a residence and work permit to get a loan?, or does it only apply if he works for the company himself.
I have a European company that wants to start a small production in the DR.
I have applied for a residence and work permit but it is still being processed.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
If you need a Loan of 50k you need Collateral of 75k at least and this needs to be something that the Bank can sale within a few days not some weird machines.
Also prepare for 18% interest.

Reactions: CristoRey

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
If you're 50k short you're better off trying to get the loan in your home country. You probably own some real estate back home, put it up as the collateral and get the money. Also you won't be charged the loan-shark interest rates they charge in RD.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
It was therefor I wrote that the owner invest 50% of the required money too.
The loan goes to buy machines and you can use them as a part of security.
His machinery for collateral....similar to take my wife. Huh, she is ugly as dirt. lol

• Haha

PetAnd

Jul 10, 2023
Punta Cana
His machinery for collateral....similar to take my wife. Huh, she is ugly as dirt. lol
I already have machines in the head company that is valued by the the insurance company to 14 million peso. As excavators, loaders and other machines for construction. Now I start an affiliated company and need some different machines.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I already have machines in the head company that is valued by the the insurance company to 14 million peso. As excavators, loaders and other machines for construction. Now I start an affiliated company and need some different machines.
You asked us for advice. Now you have it. You have to get the loan from a bank. Not complaining here against solid advice from people living here for decades.................Good luck, you will need it.........

Reactions: FF1

PetAnd

Jul 10, 2023
Punta Cana
You asked us for advice. Now you have it. You have to get the loan from a bank. Not complaining here against solid advice from people living here for decades.................Good luck, you will need it.........
Sorry that I only lived here for 4 years and have a company for 1 year with no loan.
Now I start another company and ask for advice. My bank is not willing to lend money to a new company even then I have my other company there. They said that my old business has to be at least 5 years old with good profit.

PetAnd

Jul 10, 2023
Punta Cana
Clarification. I have the machines registered with my Dominican company and they are not mortgaged.

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
Sorry that I only lived here for 4 years and have a company for 1 year with no loan.
Now I start another company and ask for advice. My bank is not willing to lend money to a new company even then I have my other company there. They said that my old business has to be at least 5 years old with good profit.
You're kinda confusing. If you lived in DR 4 years and own a business in DR by now you should've had a basic idea about bank loans. Also when you say "My bank is not willing to lend money to a new company even then I have my other company there. They said that my old business has to be at least 5 years old with good profit." are you talking about your bank in DR or back home?

PetAnd

Jul 10, 2023
Punta Cana
So why are you asking the question here when you already got the answer from your bank?
I asking others if they have experience from other banks. I can't believe I'll be the only expat with a company who been taking a loan.
It is so many differences here, I had to go to 3 different banks just for opened an account for a new company for a year ago. Just because I didn't have residence. Maybe a little because I'm not an american too, I'm from northern Europe.

PetAnd

Jul 10, 2023
Punta Cana
You're kinda confusing. If you lived in DR 4 years and own a business in DR by now you should've had a basic idea about bank loans. Also when you say "My bank is not willing to lend money to a new company even then I have my other company there. They said that my old business has to be at least 5 years old with good profit." are you talking about your bank in DR or back home?
I talk about the bank in DR. I never take a loan or credit here so I didn't study the rules.
I got my DR company for about 1 year with good profit, never needed a credit, never been late with a payment.
Almost all money I earned I invested in the company. Buy new machines, land etc.

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
Maybe a little because I'm not an american too, I'm from northern Europe.
If you were an American it'd be even harder to open the account, the IRS is on DR's ass about Americans hiding money and not paying taxes lol.

PetAnd

Jul 10, 2023
Punta Cana
If you were an American it'd be even harder to open the account, the IRS is on DR's ass about Americans hiding money and not paying taxes lol.
The swdish banks too. I even can't transfer money from my swedish bank account to my own bank account in DR, need to go though a spanish bank. The IRS in sweden is a pain in the ass too.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
The swdish banks too. I even can't transfer money from my swedish bank account to my own bank account in DR, need to go though a spanish bank. The IRS in sweden is a pain in the ass too.
Use Wise, they have a small transfer fee.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Perhaps your machinery/collateral in "another" company is 100% protected and judgement free, si??

So, pray tell, where is the collateral for the loan FOR THE "NEW COMPANY"??

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I asking others if they have experience from other banks. I can't believe I'll be the only expat with a company who been taking a loan.
It is so many differences here, I had to go to 3 different banks just for opened an account for a new company for a year ago. Just because I didn't have residence. Maybe a little because I'm not an american too, I'm from northern Europe.
You might well be.

Most people are smart enough to realize this is a place to retire to and not try to run businesses, deal with incredibly high loan rates, etc.

Reactions: Kricke87