Minister of Environment Killed

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Got a little knowledge about providing physical security for people.
Here is how the conversation would have gone if was providing the security at initial check point:

Me: I am not letting your friend into the building sir. He has a gun
Minister: It is ok, he is my friend.
Me: I have orders sir. No weapons allowed into the building under any conditions. No sir, not on my watch. He is not entering this building with a gun. If you have a problem with that Minister you may call my boss.

Minister calls my boss.
Has a discussion with him.

My boss calls me and tells me to let him into the building with a gun.
No sir I will not. If you want him to enter the building you are going to have relieve me of duty. And I will be writing a memo to document the event.
After I am relieved of duty, I would have called my attorney.
Because I know there is going to be an investigation.
But would have slept well that night knowing the blood of the dead Minister is not on my hands.
Having done everything possible within my duty to protect him.

That is how a true security professional (which I was) would have handled the situation.

People gotta take ownership for their actions.
There is a thing called the "accident chain".
I was never interested in playing a part in a "accident chain" where someone gets hurt or killed.
I was never about my job.
It was about the human being I was charged with the responsibility of protecting.
YEP, going to do a job, do it right.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
They are thinking of renaming the Environment/Tourism Ministries building "Jorge Mera" in honor of the victim.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
"It was personal" is the easy answer.
That is the answer that will let them close the case.
A real criminal investor will look for the hard answer.
The ugly answer.
That answer is usually closest to the truth.
"It was personal" is NOT that answer.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The killer has already said he wants to do an interview with Alicia or Nuria so he can explain his side of the story.

I'm betting he wants to spill the beans about others who have been treated favorably and therefore he should have gotten his permits too.

It amazes me that he thinks he can present a case that would justify killing the Minister.