Modernizing the Police

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Nuevo-Uniforme-Policia-Nacional-CDN-1024x653.png

President Luis Abinader dedicated his La Semanal press conference on 14 October 2024 to present the advances in Police reform.

Around 4,000 newly trained Police will be patroling with body cams and QRs with their identity on their uniforms to push forward efforts to create a reputation of the force at the service of citizens. The new uniforms will be available for the newly trained agents by 2025.

The government expects to have trained 20,000 agents in the next four years. The Abinader administration has considerably improved working conditions for agents making it attractive for young men and women to join the force. Wages for entry Police are up 142%.

The new Escuela de Entrenamiento Policial campus Gaspar Hernández has capacity to train 4,000 agents a year.

More than 3,000 police in the force have received human rights and citizen coexistence courses in 13...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Body Cams work Nice but only with a enforced "Never shut Off" Policy !
If they can turn it ON and OFF when ever they feel like or when they "Forget" to charge them than this is just another gimmik.

Reactions: chicagoan14

Big

Apr 24, 2019
That is a really good photo. The Officer on the right is a Corporal, the man I think is a Captain. I have always had a hard time discerning ranks here. They are also carrying the latest tazers. I am unsure why the Captain has his blood type displayed.
I do like this president and his forward thinking.

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
That is a really good photo. The Officer on the right is a Corporal, the man I think is a Captain. I have always had a hard time discerning ranks here. They are also carrying the latest tazers. I am unsure why the Captain has his blood type displayed.
I do like this president and his forward thinking.
After you mentioned the blood type, I looked at the video and couldn't quite get a clear view of the the patch on the female officer's sleeve. Looks like the same A+. Could be a blood type, A+ is the second most common. If it is, I guess in an emergency, the faster the medical folks know, the better. From your military experience, was something similar done (other than dog tags) during combat exercises or deployments?