Montecristi now has two Wyndham hotels

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Screenshot-2023-08-08-at-8.13.03-AM-1024x683.png

The Presidency reported President Luis Abinader attended the inauguration of the Wyndham Garden El Morro Hotel in northwestern Montecristi province. The hotel is on Duarte Highway, 1.8 km before the city of Montecristi, capital of Montecristi province, the most northwestern in the country. The Wyndham Garden El Morro Hotel has 56 rooms. Its telephone is 809 733-8257.

The hotel is a sister property to the Super8 by Wyndham that opened on the Copey-Pepillo Salcedo road to Manzanillo, also in Montecristi province. The Super8 has 50 rooms. Its telephone is 829 599-9459 and 809 808-5374.

The hotels have opened to service the large number of engineering and service providers that are now constantly traveling to Montecristi to work on the mega industrial and power installations under construction in the Manzanillo Port that is also under construction.

Read...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AlaPlaya

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
This is a good development. I went to Monte Cristi last year and was very disappointed with the accommodation options.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What did you do ? Last time I was there (been there twice) I can't imagine there is a more boring spot in DR other than Nagua

We stayed in a nice hotel on the water, a 2 bedroom apartment (were with another Dominican couple). Laid back time, enjoyed the food at several restaurants. Great chivo there. Did some sightseeing. We don’t look for nightlife so I can’t speak about that.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
We stayed in a nice hotel on the water, a 2 bedroom apartment (were with another Dominican couple). Laid back time, enjoyed the food at several restaurants. Great chivo there. Did some sightseeing. We don’t look for nightlife so I can’t speak about that.
What sights did you see.
I spent a week in Montecristi one afternoon

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
What sights did you see.
SO YOU LOVE IT! I imagine there is a place/space in our lives to spend some time with or friends and amor " in a two bedroom apartment on the water, with food nearby and don't need to cook". Sounds 'bout right to me.:)

Reactions: AlterEgo

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
What sights did you see.
You missed out of the hidden gem..."The clock tower in Montecristi’s town square, shaped like a mini-version of the Eiffel Tower, was designed by French engineer Alexandre Gustave Eiffel of Eiffel Tower-fame, and built by famous French clockmaker Jean-Paul Garnier. It was shipped to Montecristi during the city’s glory days in the late 19th century, and continues to function with its original mechanism." from Ministerio de Turismo

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
You missed out of the hidden gem..."The clock tower in Montecristi’s town square, shaped like a mini-version of the Eiffel Tower, was designed by French engineer Alexandre Gustave Eiffel of Eiffel Tower-fame, and built by famous French clockmaker Jean-Paul Garnier. It was shipped to Montecristi during the city’s glory days in the late 19th century, and continues to function with its original mechanism." from Ministerio de Turismo
I heard the founders of CERVECERIA NACIONAL DOMINICANA (Presidente Brands) are from the area, and donated funds to build the entire square.
I enjoyed my time there, especially the El Morro Park/ Beach as well as the salt flat areas. Yes the beach sand is not to be compared to PC/ or Sosua, but the U shape and rock formations make for a nice afternoon in the ocean.