No new airport in Bavaro - oh well

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
They talked about that decision in Hoy Mismo regarding the Bavaro International Airport before and after Luisín Mejía (who lives in Santo Domingo) went off topic (at 6:25) about he learn from a Dominican that lives in Spain that early this morning the DR had another earthquake above 5 in the Richter scale. People should learn what is a sophism. lol

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
There ia whole other thread about this.

As I have said before, don't underestimate Sr Hazoury and associates.

(They still have the billboard up on the Autopista near PUJ) :ROFLMAO:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
At this time there is no need for a new airport in the area.

The distance between PUJ and the planned AIB is +- 35 km. The distance between PUJ and LRM is about 60 km. The AIB location is too close to PUJ and would require a huge government investment of building and staffing a regional air traffic control center to keep air traffic safe and separated into and out of the three airports. The government would be very stressed to fund it. Maybe, increased tourist taxes?

The fierce rivalry the Hazoury's have against PUJ's Rainieri served as the foundation for the Hazoury's to obtain fast-track questionable permissions from the friendly Danilo Medina administration.

Regards,

PJT

Reactions: JD Jones

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Remember that the Hazoury's once were running AERODOM which manages all the international airports of the government (including Las Américas and Puerto Plata's.) I'll let others figure out how that went.

Reactions: JD Jones

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Remember that the Hazoury's once were running AERODOM which manages all the international airports of the government (including Las Américas and Puerto Plata's.) I'll let others figure out how that went.
Wow. You do go way back.