NYTimes Front page

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

The situation has been going on for a long time.
Any new government will also not offer improvements, going on historical data and international aid money given.

For Haitians the day to day living conditions are horrendous, without any hope on the horizon.

This also presents a grave situation for the DR, with illegal ingress of Haitian refugees and further spread of covid.

Reactions: campesinadeatl

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
The situation has been going on for a long time.
Any new government will also not offer improvements, going on historical data and international aid money given.

For Haitians the day to day living conditions are horrendous, without any hope on the horizon.

This also presents a grave situation for the DR, with illegal ingress of Haitian refugees and further spread of covid.
The day for controlling the influx of Haitians in a effective fashion has long passed...And the demand of the President for just one more year is common thru out the history of the world......

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
And the DR government choses this time to do immigration raids and pick up illegals to send back to Haiti. They picked up three bus loads this morning in Jarabacoa , and that was just in my sector of town. Still plenty left though. Lots of Dominicans hide them.

• Sad
Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
And the DR government choses this time to do immigration raids and pick up illegals to send back to Haiti. They picked up three bus loads this morning in Jarabacoa , and that was just in my sector of town. Still plenty left though. Lots of Dominicans hide them.

Don't forget those fines!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am guessing they will be back.

-- Both the deported Haitians and the buses. Like boomerangs and the person that throws them.

As for Haiti, it does not matter significantly who is in charge there.

Reactions: campesinadeatl

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

-- Both the deported Haitians and the buses. Like boomerangs and the person that throws them.

Not to mention those boomerang people, have a lot of boomerang children...what happens to them?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

The last time this happened our building contractor had one of his workers phone him from the border asking him to send him 2000 pesos. He was back three days later.