Parking at La Romana port

rainbow

Nov 23, 2006
Hola! Is there a parking area at La Romana port for a car? We booked a week cruise tour and will arrive from Puerto Plata by car. Where to park the car then for a week? Thanks a lot!

intedserve

Mar 24, 2014
No long term parking

Up, please if anyone knows.

Unless it has changed there is no long term parking. They will boot your car after 24 hours and there will be a fine to get it unbooted.

I used a parking garage service in La Romana and then took Dino Taxi 809 5505060 to the airport. I do not recall exactly how much they charged at the parking garage per day but it was ok. I also don't recall the name of the garage but if you arrive plenty early and ask around, someone should be able to direct you to it.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
There is no facility for long term parking and I can think of none in a safe area of the town either It is a case of taking a taxi or leaving your car in the capital in the car park of Jose Reyes and then either using the bus to la Romana and then a taxi or a txi direct from the capital...very expensive . The only alternative I can think of en la Romana is doing a deal with parking security at Plaza Lama in La Romana itis safe

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I would think you would be better off to bite the bullet and take a car service from POP to La Romana port. Yes it will be expensive but then no worries about your vehicle.

tripp789

May 4, 2018
This is an old thread, but hoping someone may have current info. We are cruising from La Romana in January of 24 and will be driving from Cabarete.
Anyone aware of a safe place to park our car and get over to the port?
Thanks

Patron

Mar 17, 2010
I just took a cruise a few months ago and was trying to figure out the parking situation. When I got to the cruise port, I asked about parking. There is a parking lot a few minutes from the port. The lady went with me and we had a few other cars following behind. You basically head back into town, go over a river, take a right and there is a secure parking lot. She had a taxi waiting to take us back to the shop. I think it was about $50 us for the week.