Pennsylvania Hospital Wants to Deport an Undocumented Dominican Woman in a Coma

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
According to them.....no. They have threatened and held numerous strikes over the years over the low pay they receive.............which is why so many, while they work in the public sector for the government, also have their own clinics that are private pay.

My wife has a younger cousin,. a doctor, currently doing her "time" in a public hospital.................and at the first opportunity......she will leave.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
My doctor friend in Santiago says the same thing. She's doing her "time" as you say. Her words: "The hospital is where you go to die".

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
What an unfortunate situation for this patient.

Having worked as a medical interpreter/translator since 2014, I've had to be involved in all manners of situations, including end-of-life decisions by the parties involved. In most cases, folks sign advance directives and/or informed consent documents prior to complicated procedures.

I've seen hospitals show extreme flexibility in favor of patients, legal or undocumented. Although I must confess I've yet to assist ELP folks in public hospitals.

Now, although I'm a bleeding-heart nincompoop, at times I've been outraged at the demands (too many to mention) made by some patients and relatives, especially, and including, some undocumented folks for whom I have interpreted.

Reactions: CristoRey

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
just for Big. Marie Salomea Skłodowska–Curie (/ˈkjʊəri/ KURE-ee,[4] French pronunciation: [maʁi kyʁi], Polish pronunciation: [ˈmarja skwɔˈdɔfska kʲiˈri]; born Maria Salomea Skłodowska, Polish: [ˈmarja salɔˈmɛa skwɔˈdɔfska]; 7 November 1867 – 4 July 1934) was a Polish and naturalized-French physicist and chemist who conducted pioneering research on radioactivity. She was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize, the first person to win a Nobel Prize twice, and the only person to win a Nobel Prize in two scientific fields. Her husband, Pierre Curie, was a co-winner of her first Nobel Prize, making them the first-ever married couple to win the Nobel Prize and launching the Curie family legacy of five Nobel Prizes. She was, in 1906, the first woman to become a professor at the University of Paris.

Louis Pasteur ForMemRS (/ˈluːi pæˈstɜːr/, French: [lwi pastœʁ]; 27 December 1822 – 28 September 1895) was a French chemist and microbiologist renowned for his discoveries of the principles of vaccination, microbial fermentation, and pasteurization, the last of which was named after him. His research in chemistry led to remarkable breakthroughs in the understanding of the causes and preventions of diseases, which laid down the foundations of hygiene, public health and much of modern medicine.[7] His works are credited to saving millions of lives through the developments of vaccines for rabies and anthrax. He is regarded as one of the founders of modern bacteriology and has been honored as the "father of bacteriology"[8] and the "father of microbiology. Not medical doctors but certainly not quacks.