Pretrial detention requested for truck driver in fatal Azua accident

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Angel-Encarnacion-Bautista-Listin-Diario.png
Angel Encarnación Bautista / Listin Diario

Judge Ana Esther Hernandez Mendez of the Las Yayas Peace Court in Azua authorized a bail of RD$1 million to the truck driver who rammed into an entertainment center in Azua killing six on Sunday, 1 September 2024. Encarnación Bautista is ordered to be available during the six month pre-trial period. He is also banned from traveling abroad, as reported in Listin Diario.

The Public Prosecutor’s Office had requested pretrial detention for Ángel Encarnación Bautista, the truck driver involved in a tragic accident that resulted in six deaths and injuries to over 40 people on Sunday, 1 September 2024.

The Prosecutor’s Office is charging Encarnación Bautista faces with reckless driving, speeding, and causing both permanent injuries and death through involuntary harm.

Prosecutor Juan Diego Ramírez Galván is representing the Public...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I think he's already used up all of "get out of jail free" cards. If he gets bailed out at 1m, there's more than meets the eye.

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
I think he's already used up all of "get out of jail free" cards. If he gets bailed out at 1m, there's more than meets the eye.
I think the same. I wonder if he was a part of one of those "unions"

Perhaps they're scared of setting a dangerous precedent. In reality, there are a lot of guilty parties here. I think they may desire to be careful about who they point the finger at. But seeing a case with no "fall guy" will be new to me.