Question For Golo

Fred

Feb 20, 2002
I have a friend(Dominican) living in Reading Pennsylvania, what kind of place is this, is it typical of US cities. Any direction would help

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Fred

Fred:

Reading is just another greyish, locomotive track crossing Pennsylvannia town. In fact, what is there in Penn state anyway?
Even its big cities like Philadelphia are just New York City backyards of the worst kind.

Pittsburgh is even more exciting than Philly. About the only thing I can say about this state is that it is next to the most horrible state west of New York on I-80(OHIO) and that when you finally drive thru Youngstown, Ohio and pay your toll to get into the Penn Turnpike you start seeing a beautiful change of scenery with Pennsylvannias greenish mountains, that somehow remind me of the Villa Altagracia-Bonao Duarte highway mountain views.

Ohio is such an ugly state, that even the town where Criss lives is nice compared to Ohios villages and towns. Even their cop cars are ugly(Brown with white stripes) So Pennsy is lucky to be next to such ugliness. But Reading is the type of town that would be more comfortable being closer to Cleveland or Toledo, Ohio.

TW

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Finally, an explanation.....

To the old adage: "To a dumb question, a dumb answer"

Dumb Question: "Golo..Reading, Pennsylvania, what kind of place is this, is it typical of US cities."

Dumb Answer: "Pittsburgh is even more exciting than Philly"

Friday nigh conversation in Pittsburgh between 2 trouble making teens...

"Hey Tor....wachu wanna do tonite"
"i dunno"
"me neither"
"ok"
"lets go hang out in an abandoned steel mill"
"we did that last weekend!!"
"yeah? wahcu wanna do, then?"
"lets watch paint dry instead"
"ok"

The End...by the way this script is classified officially as a Tragedy.

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Hey look!

Jan (not Jimmy Stewart) is back. I meant to tell you earlier that Atlanta has been kind of quiet since you left. Of course, there is this new "young thing" in town now who is starting to rev things back up!