Raquel Arbaje: First Lady’s Office has 600 on payroll; I will be happy with 6

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Raquel-Arbaje-La-Gran-Pregunta.png

Raquel Arbaje, who will be the Dominican Republic’s First Lady as of 16 August, is clear about what she wants to do and what she does not want to as the country’s next First Lady. She has said the mega-budget and large undertakings ascribed to the Office of the First Lady are better off allocated to other government departments. At present, the Office of the First Lady has an annual budget of RD$900 million.

She said she is aware that more than 600 people are on the First Lady Office payroll. “I don’t criticize it because each person has his or her own stamp, but I am satisfied with a staff of six people,” she said.

In her opinion, freedom of the press, efficiency in spending, and dignified management of the state are essential. She said she and her husband are considering not having the inaugural party at the Presidential Palace. How are we going to be celebrating when...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
This has been the attitude of both husband and wife and it is a very positive attitude. Whether they actually stick to that is another thing but they have not even come into power yet and so until they have, why knock them? If they fail on their promises, well then yes, they are entitled to criticism, but until then, let's give them the benefit of the doubt. As drstock says, it is refreshing.

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
I remember when Medina came to power he discovered and made public Ministries with 17 vice-ministers. He supposedly finished with it at the start of his carreer. Same story as every year.

• Sad
Reactions: NanSanPedro

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
Fresh air is on its way come August 16th after so many years of corruption...humble, intelligent and a sense of empathy are a few of the qualities that make up her character...