Red Air Catches Fire at Miami International Airport

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Anyone bothered to look at the date I posted this?
You mean the date of the Hoy newspaper where the story was published?

IMG_1131.jpeg

:unsure:

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Surely this is an error. I thought they only had two planes and after the last incident were not allowed to return to Miami. There is nothing about this in a Google.Seach other than.the 2022 incident

Reactions: keepcoming

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I also looked and could not find anything other than the 2022 incident. Maybe news is recycling "old news"?

Reactions: johne

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've seen US news websites do this. Alongside the main article, they'll have other articles of interest and several will be a couple months old. I guess they put them there to fill up space on a slow news day(?).

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I've seen US news websites do this. Alongside the main article, they'll have other articles of interest and several will be a couple months old. I guess they put them there to fill up space on a slow news day(?).
Could have been a digital error and not in the print version. The articles are placed with a ref tag, maybe someone's hand slipped on the mouse or key board. But that name Red Air 😂

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
The entire purpose of Red Air is to get Venezuelans out of Caracas to the USA. Direct flights between the two countries currently aren't allowed, so they are using the DR since there are no prohibitions of DR-USA flights and DR-Venezuela flights.

I don't know if this is still the case, but Red Air was "selling" flights from the DR to the USA and Venezuela without being possible to buy a ticket in the DR. You had to be in Venezuela. Ahem... Given that, I will not be surprised if Venezuelans made up most or all of the passengers.

Case in point, for Dominicans this isn't a serious airline.
Don't forget they need a visa to enter .

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
So, apparently an airplane lost its behind cone while at a gate in Miami. Take a wild guess what airline this airplane belongs to...

I still don't know why this Venezuelan (lets keep it real, you need a magnifying glass to spot the Dominican among their passengers to and from the DR) airline is still flying with the HI code. :cry:

• Wow
Reactions: cavok

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Who, in their right mind, would step aboard an old MD-80, the former DC-9? I’d rather walk down the Puerto Plata Malecon on a Friday night with a gold Rolex on my wrist.
It's all about maintenance. I have flown on DC-3s multiple times with MFI (Missionary Flights International). Never an issue and no misc parts falling off on the tarmac. I stopped using them in 2011 but checking their website, the 2 DC-3s they have are still up and running!!

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
It's all about maintenance. I have flown on DC-3s multiple times with MFI (Missionary Flights International). Never an issue and no misc parts falling off on the tarmac. I stopped using them in 2011 but checking their website, the 2 DC-3s they have are still up and running!!
One of our iconic folk singers, Stan Rogers, died in a fire onboard an Air Canada DC-9 years ago. The fire started in the bathroom when someone smoked a cigarette and didn’t extinguish it. The pilots managed to land the aircraft at Cincinnati airport but the fire had spread through the cabin area. A horrible way to die. They were dependable aircraft in their day but I’m not comfortable flying in them now.

Your post references DC-3’s which I’ve flown on and are still in use in Canada today. We had one equipped with remote sensing equipment for off shore oil spills. I spent a lot of time in it. Felt very comfortable. The first aircraft I flew on as a child. I flew on the new 737 800’s until the FAA grounded them for flight software problems.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
I think the airline has been renamed "sky High" , my gf is on the flight today, she says its venezuelan airline ?? Should be a blast, all Dominicans, jijiji, its cheap but not for me ...

Selected flights​

Track prices

Sat, Aug 1211:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Sky High
2 hr
SDQ–MIA

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
As you can see only those pics saying they don't know how this could happened, so I read in another airline group that happened because a CBP was inspecting the airplane and touched something he wasnt suppose to toouch, that is why you didnt see nothing else or heard more details about it. so calm down. Anyway Im also agree that MD's must be retired and do not let them fly.