The best Secrets Resorts & Spas for a relaxing, adults-only getaway

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The one in Cap Cana is one of the best in the World...........

Because Secrets Cap Cana Resort & Spa is nestled into a gated resort community, it feels particularly private. It's also known as one of the more romance-centric Secrets outposts, as one of our staff members experienced, so this property may be an ideal choice for couples looking for the ultimate Caribbean escape for two. Perched in front of Juanillo Beach, famous for its sugarlike sand, there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy this little slice of paradise in an adults-only style.

The 457 suites, which start at a generous 592 square feet, feel warm and inviting thanks to rich wooden furnishings and pillows in various shades of blue and pink. Furnished balconies, soaking tubs and rainfall showers make the spaces feel all the more decadent and romantic. Those who want to indulge a bit more should consider one of the club-level rooms, which boast extra space, sweeping ocean views and the opportunity for a private plunge pool.

Around the property, guests will find seven a la carte-style restaurants, a buffet, a grill and a laid-back cafe. However, couples should take note that a private dinner on the beach can easily be arranged. Six bars and lounges offer plenty of opportunity for relaxing and imbibing day and night, and there's even an exclusive lounge for those who splurge for Preferred Club, which comes with exclusive privileges, like access to a private pool and beach area.

Those hoping to relax poolside or dip their toes in the ocean won't be disappointed by the lush stretch of sand at Juanillo Beach and the large infinity pool. If you'd like to explore farther afield, consider booking a bike tour or deep-sea fishing adventure. Of course, there's nothing wrong with passing afternoons at the signature Spa by Pevonia — or trying out something different, such as a painting class or an aqua pole dancing lesson.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Yes, Secrets Cap Cana is very nice. Adults only, very laid-back resort. Food wasn't bad either, service is good. Mostly couples but you will find some solo travelers also.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
(Thinking, "Did someone just say a la carte? Hmmm, this may not be so bad after all")
All the top ones have A La Carte restaurants. Don't listen to people that would not spend a quarter to see an earthquake. They never set foot in these places..............

Big

Apr 24, 2019
a La carte means "priced separately", which is yet another tackey way to squeeze money out of the teamster's truck drivers' union reps.

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones
Jan 9, 2004
a La carte means "priced separately", which is yet another tackey way to squeeze money out of the teamster's truck drivers' union reps.
Yes and No.

The term as used in AI parlance merely means restaurants that generally require a reservation AND that are included (price) in one's AI package purchase.

The menu has most items with no additional charges, except for premium wines/beverages and certain more expensive food items.

But just to be clear, a la carte at many of the lower end price point resorts means nothing more than the same food with better presentation/atmosphere than you would get at the buffet. It hardly qualifies as a fine dining experience.

That having been said, there are a few AI's that have set themselves apart from the rest, Secrets being one of them.

My preference however is Tortuga Bay. While not an AI resort (breakfast is included), it is my go to place after a grueling week in Aduana bringing in vehicles for a client. It is more expensive, as you must separately pay for your food and alcohol, but it is also head and shoulders above even the best AI resorts.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You continue to show your ignorance on this topic. The A La Carte restaurants are the same price as the buffets. INCLUDED............

Big

Apr 24, 2019
You continue to show your ignorance on this topic. The A La Carte restaurants are the same price as the buffets. INCLUDED............
You continue to advocate for Wal Mart/ theme park type venues. That is fine for you, enjoy. I conduct business here and cannot be involved in carnival type properties that have dancing shows and fire eaters. To each his own. There is no post dinner Disney entertainment where I stay. Maybe a piano player in the lobby. P.S Don't forget to crash that all you can eat cookie cart and stuff a few in your pocket to get your money's worth.

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
Fantastic content on dr1,
24 resorts across seven destinations (Mexico, St. Martin, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Spain and Bulgaria),
And even the DR.
Click away and get them payed.

You know the DR has beaches and AI Resorts.
Of course how would people know that, if not for marketing here.

Strangely enough the people I see tin CAN, US, EU all know about P.C. as this is where most have been in A.I. Hotels.

This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.

Advertising Policy​

The Points Guy has affiliate relationships with credit card issuers that offer products we cover on our site and across our other distribution channels (including social media, the TPG App, our newsletter products, and video platforms). This means that we may receive compensation when you click on these links to apply for a new credit card. This compensation may impact the location and visibility of these products (including, for example, the order in which they appear on our roundups or the frequency we write about them).
However, with the exception of paid, sponsorship packages (which are clearly labeled as such and discussed below), our editorial team retains full control over the content we create on these products — including star ratings, credit card reviews, benefit guides, credit card comparisons, pros & cons, and original stories written from the experiences of our writers. You can read our full review methodology at this link.
These compensation agreements allow us to support a team of writers who provide the latest news, analysis, and guidance across the entire travel industry. We set high editorial standards for our team, and while we strive to cover the latest developments, lucrative offers, and limited-time bonuses for our audience, the site does not include all available credit card offers.
Below are the credit card companies who offer products and services for which we have affiliate links:
  • American Express
  • Bank of America
  • Brex
  • Capital One
  • Chase
  • Citibank
  • Credit One
  • Cross River Bank
  • Luxury Card
  • OpenSky
  • USAA
  • US Bank
  • WebBank
  • Wells Fargo
We also have affiliate relationships with companies who sell products and services that are not related to credit cards, including (but not limited) to the following:
  • Amazon
  • Away
  • Booking.com
  • CruiseLine.com
  • David’s Vacation Club
  • Dell
  • Expedia
  • Hilton
  • InsureMyTrip
  • Marriott International
  • Mouse Counselors
  • Rakuten
  • Saks Fifth Avenue
  • Sandals & Beaches Resorts
  • Skylark
  • TopCashback
  • Walmart
We may receive compensation when you click on links for these companies, but again, our editorial content and analysis of these products and services is not influenced in any way by these agreements.
Finally, The Points Guy will, at times, ink agreements with companies to promote certain products, services, or content in exchange for direct compensation. This can include sponsored articles, banner advertisements, featured placements, or other assets. These efforts are clearly labeled as such. While we work together with partners on creating this content, our team is the final authority on what we publish to ensure we’re providing accurate, relevant information for our audience.

No, of course there is nothing wrong with promoting A.I. Hotels on dr1.
After all it's about rice and beans and helping gob.do to create much needed tax revenues.
After all tourism is one of the most important generators of tax revenues and employment in the DR.

Please don't forget to advertise DR cruises and cruise ports.

Hey Dolores,
Why don't you create a travel forum for promotional purposes only,
For those making money in the travel and tourism sector.
So we can filter that from individual not for commercial travel posts.
Like this people can choose if they want to read commercial for money posts.

Reactions: PCMike

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
XQT, this is the East Coast Travel forum, so this is where the thread belongs. I am pretty sure everyone that reads sites such as The Points Guy, etc....know that a majority of the reviews are "paid stays", and the writers have outside affiliations. And again, so what. My suggestion to you is to ignore the threads if it bothers you so much.

Reactions: PCMike and JD Jones

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
You continue to advocate for Wal Mart/ theme park type venues. That is fine for you, enjoy. I conduct business here and cannot be involved in carnival type properties that have dancing shows and fire eaters. To each his own. There is no post dinner Disney entertainment where I stay. Maybe a piano player in the lobby. P.S Don't forget to crash that all you can eat cookie cart and stuff a few in your pocket to get your money's worth.
You are pretty off base with this resort. Secrets Cap Cana is not a "Walmart/theme park type venue" by no means. You conduct business here but so do many of us. Never have seen a fire eaters show yet at a resort. Expressing opinions is a great way to see all different points of view. But when it becomes a constant response, it tends to have much less substance. There are quite a few resorts that have a piano player in the lobby, nice, secluded lounges, etc.. Not every resort is the same. You may be surprised with the makeup/type of guests at these resorts. The resorts such as Secrets Cap Cana, Tortuga Bay, Sanctuary Cap Cana, have a different clientele type than say some of the resorts in the Bavaro area. Cookie cart?? I have never seen one of those either. But I understand that AI's are just not your thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: SKY and NanSanPedro

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
(Thinking, "Did someone just say a la carte? Hmmm, this may not be so bad after all")
Actually, some of the resorts have pretty good a la cartes. IMO the adults only resorts tend to have the better ones. They seem to lean towards, French, Italian, Japanese/Asian, Seafood and Steakhouse.

Reactions: JD Jones

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
You are pretty off base with this resort. Secrets Cap Cana is not a "Walmart/theme park type venue" by no means. You conduct business here but so do many of us. Never have seen a fire eaters show yet at a resort. Expressing opinions is a great way to see all different points of view. But when it becomes a constant response, it tends to have much less substance. There are quite a few resorts that have a piano player in the lobby, nice, secluded lounges, etc.. Not every resort is the same. You may be surprised with the makeup/type of guests at these resorts. The resorts such as Secrets Cap Cana, Tortuga Bay, Sanctuary Cap Cana, have a different clientele type than say some of the resorts in the Bavaro area. Cookie cart?? I have never seen one of those either. But I understand that AI's are just not your thing.
Just to be honest, I would love me a cookie cart.😮😮😂😂

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Enjoy your stays at the All-Inclusive vacation resorts. Maybe consider a time-share as well.

• Haha
Reactions: keepcoming