The Malecón is Walkable?

rey

Jan 2, 2007
I try to look for an answer on old threads / posts but could NOT find it.

I have 2 Questions ;

SO , question 1 - Is the MALECÓN walkable during morning / afternoon hours for exercise purposes ?

2- ANY other better choices to do morning walks / afternoon walks besides EL MALECÓN ?

*** keep in mind that I will be residing in PIANTINI so any place/park/ area “across the bridge” will be too far for me.

Thanks

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yes it’s walkable. So are the malls. And Parque Mirador Sur, but not sure I’d go do that alone.

Reactions: rey

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Yes, the Malecon during the day is walkable and many do exercise there. Parque Mirador Sur is another place. I have gone there during the day and it was ok. But I would stick to daytime hours.

***Didn't see AE's response***

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Yes, the Malecon during the day is walkable and many do exercise there. Parque Mirador Sur is another place. I have gone there during the day and it was ok. But I would stick to daytime hours.

***Didn't see AE's response***
Thank you sir ;

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
When the street adjacent to the parque Mirador is closed in the morning and afternoon, there are hundreds of people out there walking, running, bicycling, rollerblading

Reactions: MariaRubia and rey

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
That's after the morning and before the evenings when people come out to walk or just hangout in many areaa along the avenue. The strong sun and the heat are the main reasons people avoid it during the height of the day.

Skip to 4:05. This is in the late afternoon almost evening (notice the shades of the trees, they are long and in a southeatern direction meaning well past noon) and not during the height of the day.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
There are a lot of police on both Malecón and in the Parque Mirador del Sur. The malecón is probably the safer of the two i have never heard of anyone being attacked there during the daytime.

Obviously try to take precautions such as not waving an expensive phone or jewelery around. And if you can walk with a local or look like you are local then that's best

Reactions: JD Jones

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I was walking on the Malecon the other day while my friend was doing his Residency. I felt completely safe.