The Most Famous Serbian in the DR

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Today’s Listín Diario have two articles on Ivana Gavrilovic and the other she and her family went through when moved from Serbia to the DR. Things got so bad for them thst they suffered actual hunger and even had a hard time getting formally employed. Contrary to the belief of many, life in the DR for them has been very difficult and much of it a constant battle.

She is originally from Serbia and moved to the DR when she was a girl with her mother. They were doing OK until they were scammed by a Dominican, losing it all. They were for ed to live in a barrio, sleep on the floor and literally suffer hunger. They were able to satisfy their hunger because of neighbors that would share their food. It took a long time for the family to be on their two feet. With much hardwork, she has been able to gain popularity in the media and slowly her family has seen better days. Despite everything, she is very grateful to the DR and doesn’t plan to leave. She often donthings to help the small Serbian community in the DR.

JWx2KYl.jpg

JWx2fv2.jpg

Reactions: CristoRey

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I am pretty sure someone from Denmark would have returned. I think life can be really tough in Serbia.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I am pretty sure someone from Denmark would have returned. I think life can be really tough in Serbia.
Serbs are good people.
Life was tough over there back when Tito was in power. Not so much now a days. Spent a few weeks in Belgrade back in 2007. Best hospitality I've experienced anywhere outside of New Orleans.

No doubt Cristo...
what's a Manolo?

Serbs are hardy people so probably some truth to this women's story.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This is the latest, now an interview from Lord Jáquez.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
Damed...I thought this was going to be about our very own Pete Rendic!...aka..6pack Pete...and then Re-Pete.

• Haha
Reactions: BermudaRum