UN agencies meet with Migration director; pressure on for DR to keep borders open

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Migracion-trata-con-representantes-de-la-ONU-N-Digital-1024x669.png

The newly appointed director general of Migration, Vice Admiral Rafael Lee Ballester met with representatives from United Nations agencies involved in migration, human rights and children’s programs. He outlined a plan to intensify border controls and reduce the perceived influx of migrants in communities across the country. In addition to his role as Migration director, Lee Ballester is also director general of the Centro de Comando, Control, Comunicaciones, Computadoras, Ciberseguridad e Inteligencia de las Fuerzas Armadas (C5i), the Armed Forces intelligence division.

Vice Admiral Luis R. Lee Ballester reaffirmed his commitment to enforcing Dominican laws, as directed by President Luis Abinader. He also pledged to uphold international protocols and standards to ensure the dignity and rights of repatriated individuals.

“We will ensure due...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
These are the same dirtbags who believe the in the "one island, one country" principle.

Ban them and their supporters from the DR permanently.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
What ever the UN recomends, do the oposite and you are fine !
"CristoRey" coudn't be more right about his coment !
No mercy with people that try to fight poverty with multiplying like rabbits.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
That’s very openminded LOL

What’s the harm in civil discussion?
While I love Haitians I despise the Haitian govt. There is no civil discussion with the UN on this topic. They want open or close to open borders. The answer is not no, but F no.

This whole thing about meeting with them is a ruse to appear to look conciliatory. Waste of time. Just tell them no. Pretend you have balls.

Reactions: CristoRey

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
While I love Haitians I despise the Haitian govt. There is no civil discussion with the UN on this topic. They want open or close to open borders. The answer is not no, but F no.

This whole thing about meeting with them is a ruse to appear to look conciliatory. Waste of time. Just tell them no. Pretend you have balls.
Why have a meeting with people that are accusing you of dicrimination and racism.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Discrimination and racism against Haitians is real and nothing new and alive and well here too. The lack of empathy and caring at a basic level is sadly absent as well.
There may be bias and distrust but racism? You must be aware, since you profess to know many Haitians, perhaps intimately, that they have a well known dislike of Dominicans and believe that they are superior and the whole island rightly belongs to them. I have talked about Haitians with many Dominicans. They in fact have both empathy and sympathy for the situation of Haitians. Most don't have a problem with a few Haitians in the country, they just don't want a lot of them. There are many historical reasons for this.