USD or Euros what's the best option to bring into the DR?

yasmin

Jun 16, 2005
Traveling from Europe, can we better by USD here to change into DOP in DR?
Or doesn't it make any difference versus Euros?

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
You better take Euro’s with you. Keep in mind that the 500’s are hard to change. Not langer than 100 is the best.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
Traveling from Europe, can we better by USD here to change into DOP in DR?
Or doesn't it make any difference versus Euros?

Here is the exchange rate at Caribe Express (a well known, legitimate currency exchange business) on March 12th, 2020 when I exchanged there:

US Dollars. 53.70
Euros: 60.10.

So just do the math based on the exchange rate you will get for Euros to Dollars and you can figure out which is the better deal for you.
Keep in mind though that the exchange rate is fluid and may change.

yasmin

Jun 16, 2005
Thanks for your feedback!

@Fulano2 : OMG 500's are the only ones I have :bandit::bandit: LOL

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes there are

BBC

Coronavirus: US to extend travel ban to UK and Ireland

The US is to extend its European coronavirus travel ban to include the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The ban will begin at midnight EST on Monday (04:00 GMT Tuesday), Vice-President Mike Pence announced.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Yes there are

BBC

Coronavirus: US to extend travel ban to UK and Ireland

The US is to extend its European coronavirus travel ban to include the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The ban will begin at midnight EST on Monday (04:00 GMT Tuesday), Vice-President Mike Pence announced.

No travel restrictions from Us to Canada or vise versa. My Canadian friend has to delay his trip to Florida to his boat because of 'insurance reasons'. Seems they will not cover the virus depending on issue date.
Any hospitalizing illness could bankrupt him here due to cost in US. Could do that to US citizens too.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
No travel restrictions from Us to Canada or vise versa. My Canadian friend has to delay his trip to Florida to his boat because of 'insurance reasons'. Seems they will not cover the virus depending on issue date.
Any hospitalizing illness could bankrupt him here due to cost in US. Could do that to US citizens too.

That changed today