Vaccine card needed to use public transport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Well, my opinion on this: I have never used any public transportation in DR and I don't plan to, be it CONATRA or whoever. As I wrote a few posts above, I believe that I will always be allowed to any public space like a mall or a bank just because I am a white foreigner for them. It will always be enough for me to say that I was vaccinated en Estados Unidos. In case of flying to Europe, I can show a fake CDC vaccination card saying that I had two shots of Pfizer in Miami, and nobody can check is it real or not. If something else will be required in the future, I will fake it as well.

And I don't want to get vaccinated because I already had Covid, and I believe that my own natural antibodies are much better than any vaccine.
Extremely well said.
Some people fantasize about how they want the DR to be and their people to act....
Then there are those of us who live in reality while having a clear understanding of how things really are.
There is no need to change this country or their lax culture. They should just round up the people who depise the way most Dominicans carry themselves and send them back to where ever they came from.

Reactions: jd426
Jan 9, 2004
My sentiments exactly. If I want to see old fat white folks, I can either go to Punta Cana or my home town. Been there done that. Here is much more interesting.
What.............no old black/brown folks in PC lol. When did it become segregated?

Sorry Nan.........could not resist on that one.

As to the vaccine card..............how many will not have one, lost one, or left it at their casa........and be denied to use public transport?

This is the DR. The vaccine card will be like stopping at stop signs/lights...........merely a suggestion...........not a rigorously enforced rule.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I just got off a Conatra owned/ operated bus not more than 10 minutes ago. The only thing I was asked is whether or not I had a smaller peso note.

Lol, I was shocked as I was 100% sure after reading the hysteria on DR1 from those who know what's best, that I would be asked for both my vaccine card and my cedula just to make sure I wasn't using someone else's card.

Fear mongering fools are just that....
and nothing more.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well, it is the 16th and here I am walking into banks, supermarkets, mall, plaza's, among people and have yet to see any COVID Vaccine Card Nazi chasing me out?

You have no foundation in any of your claims. I'm still waiting for you to post anything which officially mandates any person to be vaccinated?

One more dare and there have been many already!
This thread topic has ZERO to do with bank, supermarkets, malls, and plazas. That was discussion injected by others who like to go off topic and I responded on the general topic of what has been in the news. The topic of this thread is CONATRA

Please learn to read and then get back to the topic. Already we have a report that CONATRA is not acting like its President said they would.
This comes as no surprise, this is the DR and what is in the news, what leaders say, and what happens are three or more different things.
Day 1 and nothing new.. What will tomorrow bring?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I've no idea.
Stepping out (flying to US) in the morning so I won't be here to continue proving people wrong again... for a few weeks.
No worries tho. I'll be enjoying my popcorn while I'm up there.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I've no idea.
Stepping out (flying to US) in the morning so I won't be here to continue proving people wrong again... for a few weeks.
No worries tho. I'll be enjoying my popcorn while I'm up there.
Have a good trip and enjoy your time in the USA.

Reactions: CristoRey

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Just got back to Boca Chica from MegaCentro. Took the local guagua back and forth to MC and a local SDEste guagua one way from MC. Nothing about vaxes. No signs no nothing. MC itself did advertise vaxes somewhere in the mall. Had I remembered my passport, I still wouldn't have gone.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just got back to Boca Chica from MegaCentro. Took the local guagua back and forth to MC and a local SDEste guagua one way from MC. Nothing about vaxes. No signs no nothing. MC itself did advertise vaxes somewhere in the mall. Had I remembered my passport, I still wouldn't have gone.
was it a CONATRA vehicle?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Well, it is the 16th and here I am walking into banks, supermarkets, mall, plaza's, among people and have yet to see any COVID Vaccine Card Nazi chasing me out?

You have no foundation in any of your claims. I'm still waiting for you to post anything which officially mandates any person to be vaccinated?

One more dare and there have been many already!
I think there is a total disconnect between what we on DR1 and expats read and believe and the rest of the nation. I live 24/7 with a Dominicana and I suspect there is something amiss here with some of the "informational opinions" posted. She attributes that to "cultural differences" ie. US/RD.

Reactions: Michael DR

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Where is CONATRA? Until this thread, I had never heard of them.
The travel union run by a
Antonio Marte.

The senator of the province, Santiago Rodriguez,

AKA the transport mafia:

johne, Is it an opinion if it was posted on DR actual news?

I never expected it to be implemented, but that comment by me would be an opinion. There is no doubt Antonio Marte wants all his passengers and drivers to be vaccinated. Making that happen is an entirely different thing.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The travel union run by a
Antonio Marte.

The senator of the province, Santiago Rodriguez,

AKA the transport mafia:

johne, Is it an opinion if it was posted on DR actual news?

I never expected it to be implemented, but that comment by me would be an opinion. There is no doubt Antonio Marte wants all his passengers and drivers to be vaccinated. Making that happen is an entirely different thing.
No it is reported news. Like a work in progress. Like... this may or may not happen (as you have said many times"This is the DR").My point is simply...what I stated within the4 corners of my post regarding "disconnection ". That furthers my point )what is written and you find to be etched in stone is more like it is set in quick sand as far as what the Dominican Republic public believes to be true.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No it is reported news. Like a work in progress. Like... this may or may not happen (as you have said many times"This is the DR").My point is simply...what I stated within the4 corners of my post regarding "disconnection ". That furthers my point )what is written and you find to be etched in stone is more like it is set in quick sand as far as what the Dominican Republic public believes to be true.
Where do I state I find it to be etched in stone? It is in the news!. I posted the original post with a question mark .

The Senator/Head of CONATRA put a date for enforcement. Did he actually enforce it? I have no idea, so we have this thread to find out.
Get it?

I never stated it was etched in stone. I simply posted what is in the news, your opinion that I find it etched in stone is simply not correct.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Where do I state I find it to be etched in stone? It is in the news!. I posted the original post with a question mark .

The Senator/Head of CONATRA put a date for enforcement. Did he actually enforce it? I have no idea, so we have this thread to find out.
Get it?

I never stated it was etched in stone. I simply posted what is in the news, your opinion that I find it etched in stone is simply not correct.
ok. No problem jajajajaj

Reactions: windeguy

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
Please learn to read and then get back to the topic. Already we have a report that CONATRA is not acting like its President said they would.
This comes as no surprise, this is the DR and what is in the news, what leaders say, and what happens are three or more different things.

Fair enough.

Its the 22nd and still the same to include CONATRA. Not a soul chased out or left out at any bus stop because of a lack of vaccination or vaccination card.

Whats next Winde dude?

Status
Not open for further replies.