We are hiring! Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club - Puerto Plata

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
This place is an time share rental. Not worth to work there, they rake $$$ and profit most to themselves and you work for them and get paid little? I'll pass

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Gosh, a whole $5,000 pesos of difference, well worth correcting me on. My point was that you wouldn't need to pay the RD$ 80,000 they are offering unless it was a truly sh!tty job (which this appears to be)
5,000 pesos is not a small amount of money down here by any stretch of the imagination. You know better.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Gosh, a whole $5,000 pesos of difference, well worth correcting me on. My point was that you wouldn't need to pay the RD$ 80,000 they are offering unless it was a truly sh!tty job (which this appears to be)
I always thought the timeshare sales folks were brought in. Just like when I worked as a consultant for PricewaterhouseCoopers, I was sent all over. I've been out so far, any further I'd be on my way back. Why would Hard Rock or Lifestyles for example hire Dominicans that could speak "ok" English to pitch timeshare to American couples, retired folks, etc. They'd be missing that "connection" element so crucial in sales.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I agree. Every timeshare salesperson I have ever encountered here has been a non-native. There was one guy who used to be on the beach at Sosua almost every day zeroing in on folks who could be a PITB.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I always thought the timeshare sales folks were brought in. Just like when I worked as a consultant for PricewaterhouseCoopers, I was sent all over. I've been out so far, any further I'd be on my way back. Why would Hard Rock or Lifestyles for example hire Dominicans that could speak "ok" English to pitch timeshare to American couples, retired folks, etc. They'd be missing that "connection" element so crucial in sales.

Well I know two people personally who are Dominican and sell timeshare in Bavaro, one in Hard Rock and one in Melia. They both speak OK / good English. One of them said you just need to be really really good at lying. They earn in excess of RD$ 100,000 a month. Eduard was so desperate in the pandemic that he ate 3 bananas a day, that was literally all he had. Now he's put down a deposit on a new-build apartment and I think he moves in towards Christmas. It's nice to see people doing well and if customers are stupid enough to buy a timeshare then it's their fault.

In the UK if anyone buys a timeshare, the law has changed and banks and credit-card companies are not allowed to make a payment to the timeshare seller until the buyer has seen a lawyer in the UK, has had time to go through the fine-print and understands all the charges and conditions. There is a mandatory cooling-off period during which the sale can be cancelled. The easiest way to get rid of those salespeople is to say that you live in the UK and all your bank accounts are based there, they are all trained not to bother even trying to sell to Brits.

• Wow
Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Years ago I went to Orlando with my partner and we got free tickets to Disney World and Universal for sitting through the sales pitch.

The guy that roped us in told us we would get the tickets just for attending, so we did, then told him we lived in the DR and were only interested in the free tickets. The guy didn't seem to be too bothered about it.
We got a free breakfast out of it too.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I think a lot of people go to the sales pitch meetings for the "gifts", etc... but then are upset when they realize how long they will have to sit through the sales pitch. I have heard some of sales people are pretty easy going but others are very pushy.