Whats the estimated cost of motor and installing

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
YIKES! I made that post as clear as mud. Sorry. I have my car parked in a double wide markquesina with a iron gate that I slide open on a track.
I want to automate that. Open and close with a controller.

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo

There are many of those companies in SD.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
YIKES! I made that post as clear as mud. Sorry. I have my car parked in a double wide markquesina with a iron gate that I slide open on a track.
I want to automate that. Open and close with a controller.
It depends on what they have to do to install it, and what modifications have to be done.

Cobraboy just had electric gates installed on his new house and his gates are 2 single-wide gates that open simultaneously.

It's a pretty neat setup and opens twice as fast as a normal double-wide gate.

I'd say you're looking at a minimum of 20-30K for the motor and installation.

Don't scrimp on a cheapie.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It depends on what they have to do to install it, and what modifications have to be done.

Cobraboy just had electric gates installed on his new house and his gates are 2 single-wide gates that open simultaneously.

It's a pretty neat setup and opens twice as fast as a normal double-wide gate.

I'd say you're looking at a minimum of 20-30K for the motor and installation.

Don't scrimp on a cheapie.

Probably a dumb question…… but I assume there’s a manual override if the electric is out?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Update: I have a family member that has a business (looks pretty substantial from the pictures he showed me during a Christmas visit)of repairing, providing new, etc, motors, I think primarily for motorcycles, motors, auto, etc. I was reluctant to ask him because the business is in Nagua. But in a conversation my wife (his mom) sent him pictures of the gate and he said he'll send someone to do it. Cost $750 total. Guarantee; If it ain't right no Mom's Christmas dinner for him and family this year. LOL.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Probably a dumb question…… but I assume there’s a manual override if the electric is out?
Yes. There's a little door with a key you can open. (You can see it in post 5)
The door is what engages the motor to the track. When you open the door, it disengages and you can open the gate manually.
Easier to run it through your inverter.

Reactions: AlterEgo