Would $1600 a month allow 1 person to live comfortably in the DR ?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
you left out one important fact the sleazy molestering dirty hookers

I'm paying 32k pesos a month now for a 3 bedroom 1 bath downstairs condo. We just moved here a month ago from another BC place with the same landlady. My place is very spacious. We use the 3rd bedroom for storage. It's an easy walk to the beach, probably about 400 meters.

However, BC does have it's drawbacks. There is trash everywhere. I've been to PC, PP, and Santiago and none of them compare to the trashiness of BC. It's very bad.

Noise is not generally a problem here, as it appears everyone knows that 10pm is the "turn that shit off" hour. That works really well for me. Also if you are a guy you will be accosted by the putas here until they know you're not interested.

I don't know rents on more Dominican style homes but I would think you can get something for between 10 - 15k pesos a month.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Back to the topic…

I honestly believe that it’s all about your lifestyle… I know people that aren’t happy with 4K,5k,6k Dollars a month here. They always need more or always have a reason why they believe they need and want more more more.

Then there’s normal folks (whatever that is ) that don’t try to live above their means, where life isn’t a competition of who has the most crap. Working class families or middle class that find a rhythm and work within it.

Keep it simple, don’t over spend or try to live like you’re on a permanent vacation and you should be fine.

Better not to finance a car… Buy one in decent shape, a used Toyota, Nissan or Honda, those are everywhere and the parts are super easy to find and repairs are cheap.

Find a group of decent friends that WORK, no losers that just wanna suck up your funds every time you go out…

Learn how to say NO more than YES.

Find the local restaurant in your area that you like, find a nice beach you enjoy or ove of the many rivers all over the country, on other words, find what makes you happy and enjoy the simple things and believe me, you’ll be just fine.

My 2 cents…
you touched on a lot of good points I think the most important one is stay away from the people that are just looking to suck up to you the lambones of Dr

Castro156

Oct 9, 2011
NEW YORK
you touched on a lot of good points I think the most important one is stay away from the people that are just looking to suck up to you the lambones of Dr
Yea, Los Lambones are the biggest budget killers. Since I don’t run a charity, I just say NO PUEDO and after a while, instead of me having to avoid them, they avoid me.

Works every time!