Sam Goodson, one of the 14 people that were sent to court to face charges of cheating the government of millions of dollars, fled the Dominican Republic, in spite of a court order to the contrary, and managed to enter Haiti. The court has issued an arrest warrant for Goodson. The 14 will go on trial in June, facing charges that their participation in the Plan Renove cost the government millions in overcharges and other dirty politics. Sources close to the action told Hoy reporters that Goodson crossed the border last Friday. He is supposed to face the judge on 20 June. Attorney General Francisco Dominguez Brito said that the authorities do not know where Goodson is at the present time. He had been required to post a RD$50 million bail bond (actually 10% of that sum or RD$5 million = about US$178,000). Dominguez Brito said that the worse thing Goodson could do would be to leave the country, and that if he had, he (Dominguez Brito) would issue extradition papers for him. The sources said that Goodson crossed over into Haiti in a disguise and flew to Miami.