DR starts a National Plan to disarm the population

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
If you are caught with an Expensive Illegal Gun the only consequence will be they will let you go so they can keep it.

They will still keep the gun (confiscate) and place the person in jail.

The only way to get out of jail is if the offender has a lot of dough
if not, screwed.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have had a shotgun here for 19 years.
Bought it new, it's never been fired, but I feel better knowing I have a gun and don't need it, than needing a gun and not having it!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
I have had a shotgun here for 19 years.
Bought it new, it's never been fired, but I feel better knowing I have a gun and don't need it, than needing a gun and not having it!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Right!

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!

Btw tonight I had a nice Montecristo Especial No. 2 from 2007. Smoked like a dream....

El-Jefe

Jun 28, 2014
"creating a culture absent of violence and peaceful conflict resolution."

This of course can only be accomplished by disarming the Policia Nacional and the Ejercicito Nacional as well as the criminals they protect....I mean prosecute.

"El acto en que se anunci? el inicio de los talleres tuvo lugar en la sede del Ministerio de Econom?a encabezado por el viceministro de Cooperaci?n Internacional, Inocencio Garc?a; el procurador general de la Corte y asistente del Procurador General, Jos? Alberto Jim?nez, y el capit?n F?lix Alberto G?mez Almonte, de la Direcci?n General de Inteligencia Delictiva, en representante de la Polic?a Nacional, acompa?ado del coronel Elvis Reyes Paulino, encargado del Departamento de Informaci?n y Estad?stica."

You will notice that the people involved with this program to remove guns from the population fall into three categories.

1. People who themselves carry guns
2. People who have personal protection from others who carry guns
3. People who carry guns, and who have protection from other people who carry guns.

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014
Btw, in sept. I need to renew my annual license and ballistics check which can only be done in Santo Domingo. Anybody knows the adress where they do the ballistics check?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Have Guns"!!!!!!
AND, all the "POLITICOS" in the country, who are also "Outlaws"!
Which is pretty much the situation now in the DR!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 12, 2005
When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Have Guns"!!!!!!
AND, all the "POLITICOS" in the country, who are also "Outlaws"!
Which is pretty much the situation now in the DR!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

10563014_823723510985197_2236617155750143517_n.jpg

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Top official says Dominican Republic must scrap gun culture

Santo Domingo.- Justice minister Francisco Dom?nguez on Monday asked society’s support to abolish the bearing and possession of guns, as a way to fight organized crime, drug trafficking and femicides.

He said the gun ownership culture cannot continue because it places weapons in the hands of criminals. "The equation is simple, a world and a country without weapons is safer, a thousand times better than what we have."

The official said the destruction of weapons forms part of the government’s Public Safety Plan to prevent and prosecute the illegal use of guns.

Dominguez, speaking during the destruction of 2,000 weapons in front of the Justice Ministry, said a Special Prosecutor was created to fight weapons trafficking and possession, taking into account statistics on crime, which he affirms reveal that guns are behind most homicides. He said the use of guns claimed the lives of 576 people from January to June this year.

For his part, Interior and Police minister Jos? Ram?n Fadul, called on society to avoid acquiring weapons. "Don’t arm yourselves, because that is not the way."

He noted however, that president Danilo Medina’s Administration won’t pursue a policy to disarm the population.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...says-Dominican-Republic-mustscrap-gun-culture

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
...and when there are no more legal guns it will be 100%. But if there are very few guns around it will be significantly less. Europe is a good example.

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
...and when there are no more legal guns it will be 100%. But if there are very few guns around it will be significantly less. Europe is a good example.

If the DR tries to put "the cat back in the bag" and disarms legal gun holders, it will get very interesting here. The DR is not anything like Europe where there is actually rule of law with a real police force.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in europe guns are controlled and it actually works well but a mindset of european is way different. the police and the law are far more respected and the use of guns, even in crimes, is limited. you will rarely see a common robber with a gun. DR is not the same...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I predict the same number of murders, just with a "Machete"!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

It always makes me shake my head,and smile, when someone proposes a "European", or "American", Solution to a "DR PROBLEMO"!!!!!!
As if "Dominicans" are in ANYWAY, like Europeans, or Americans!!!!!!!

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I predict the same number of murders, just with a "Machete"!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

It always makes me shake my head,and smile, when someone proposes a "European", or "American", Solution to a "DR PROBLEMO"!!!!!!
As if "Dominicans" are in ANYWAY, like Europeans, or Americans!!!!!!!

So what you try to say is: If there are no weapons around at all they would kill each other with bare hands???

Beenaway

May 27, 2013
Register the weapon, license the owner.. like you would a car or a dog or any other potentially dangerous possession....

But the NRA crazies see this as an infringement on their rights.......

I always found it strange how Yanks enjoy the bloodbath.. but they obviously do or they would fix it.... like Canada whose population have as many guns but strangely less gun deaths... hmmmm....