DR starts a National Plan to disarm the population

May 5, 2007
Register the weapon, license the owner.. like you would a car or a dog or any other potentially dangerous possession....

But the NRA crazies see this as an infringement on their rights.......

I always found it strange how Yanks enjoy the bloodbath.. but they obviously do or they would fix it.... like Canada whose population have as many guns but strangely less gun deaths... hmmmm....

PLEASE do not lump us into one group, not all "Yanks" enjoy the bloodbath

and I must ask, where did you ever find information stating Canada has as many guns in the population as the US? It's not a statistic I am proud of but I believe the US leads the world in gun ownership and Canada isn't in the top 10 Good for you, we may learn someday

I didn't see the DR on the list of guns per person, must be quite low?

The other part of your post I find agreeable

PLEASE do not lump us into one group, not all "Yanks" enjoy the bloodbath

and I must ask, where did you ever find information stating Canada has as many guns in the population as the US? It's not a statistic I am proud of but I believe the US leads the world in gun ownership and Canada isn't in the top 10 Good for you, we may learn someday

I didn't see the DR on the list of guns per person, must be quite low?

The other part of your post I find agreeable

I am also surprised by the Canada having as many guns. I only know one Canadian that owns a gun but I never hung around with rednecks or Country folk.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Frank with all due respect I have to take exception to your example. I was ambushed and had my head split open from behind with a Machete entering my house. If I did not have a legal gun with me I would not be alive to post this.

To each his own.

hey Sky, May I ask you something. When all that happened to you back in 2005 did you get taken to the pokey until it was all sorted? That's what would concern me about having a legal gun. Of course, as a tourist I think that opotion isn't allowed anyway. damn. attacked with a machete and lives too telll the tale. with revenge on your attacker. Not like iin NYC where a Burglar can sue a homeowner for slipping on a wet floor!!!!

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Id say now is the time to arm yourself if you arent well armed already!

This is old but its the same ol situation today!

[video=youtube;WwQvKK0yr5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwQvKK0yr5U[/video]

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
in europe guns are controlled and it actually works well but a mindset of european is way different. the police and the law are far more respected and the use of guns, even in crimes, is limited. you will rarely see a common robber with a gun. DR is not the same...

You have been away too long DV8 - nowadays guns are very fashionable in crimes. At least in the Netherlands

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
hey Sky, May I ask you something. When all that happened to you back in 2005 did you get taken to the pokey until it was all sorted? That's what would concern me about having a legal gun. Of course, as a tourist I think that opotion isn't allowed anyway. damn. attacked with a machete and lives too telll the tale. with revenge on your attacker. Not like iin NYC where a Burglar can sue a homeowner for slipping on a wet floor!!!!

I was in jail one night in Puerto Plata, slept in the Colonel's room with TV, couch, bed. No locks on the door. Went to court with my lawyer and got out on bail. I have dual citizenship so bail was no problem. Six months later got my gun back and case dismissed, self defense.

trucker

Mar 20, 2011
What I wonder about why all of a sudden they want to take the guns from the citizens. Doesn't sit right with me. Also if they make licenses for guns highly priced only the rich will have them. And lots of them are in the government. It would be much easier for the military and/or police to take control of the citizens and they couldn't do anything about it. Just my thoughts.