Why Do you dislike the Semana Santa Death Pool Thread??

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Think positively!!!

The flip side of all this is that compared to the general population only a very tiny percentage of the whole dies. That quantity is a number that is so exceedingly small that it is statistically insignificant.

If the DR population is 10 million and we take 100 as a base number which is way above the DEATH POOL TOTAL, the calculation comes out to .00001.That is 1 over 100,000. It is one tenth of 1% of 1%. How low can you go?

1/10 (one tenth) of 1% of 1% is A VERY TINY NUMBER

I'm not minimizing death folks but the whole as compared to the part is a testament to the entire Dominican population that behaves accordingly during Holy Week!!!

And some are just lucky. But not these:

http://www.elinformador.net/2015/04...e-32-al-ser-tiroteados-en-capital-dominicana/

May 12, 2005
The death pool is an affront to Christianity and an insult to the Dominican people.

Now that DR1 has been linked to it on social media the damage may be irreversible.

For anyone viewing this thread I personally denounce the death pool and the reprobates who find it amusing.

-Marcion

Can you provide the link?

May 12, 2005
For those looking for something to besides getting drunk and driving to the beach or rio.

[video=youtube;kk9oMQPe3T8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk9oMQPe3T8[/video]

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I was OK with the Death Pool, until we started issuing prizes to the Winner.. Personally if I win the Cuisinart Blender this year I will donate it...

:knockedou
When did prizes start getting handed out. I was happy with the disrespect from the morally gifted.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
blablabla...
who drives with 2-3 promiles of alcohol in their blood during fiesta ?
who drives like maniac, without respecting other users on the road - always, not only during Semana Santa?
who speeds in the city around 100-150 km/h, always, not only during Semana Santa ?

combine these 3 and you have recipe for disaster.

yes, we all know that. its all gringos' fault. ah these Noble Dominicans.

it is the Darwinism in pure form, they all are nominees in Darwin Awards.
and thats all, LOL.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
We'll I'm off to town. Want to see if I can find Guillermo, a whole bunch of whacked out locals being themselves and a liquor store that will turn away a gringo with a pocket full of change regardless of what the law says...

If I fail on all counts, might just drive around looking for watering hole with people peeking out from behind the closed curtains...

Wish me luck as I defy the odds by venturing off my terrace during this the most unsafe of times.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"NO FUI YO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"No Es MI CULPA"!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

"MALDITO GRINGOS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"K-VAINA"!!!!!!!!!!

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

"CDG GRINGO"

iT'S "SEMANA SANTA",SO YOU MUST MEAN,.."PEEing Out from behind the curtains"???

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
There's been a thread about the death poll on Facebook's "Dominicano Spouses" page.

Now I know why I couldn't find anything on faYBOO. It's a closed group. I've not seen anything nor do I want to anywhere. Thanks AE..