Ceasers At Lazy Dog

stretch

Aug 25, 2005
I live in Las Terrenas. I haven't eaten at the Lazy Dog but two restaurants over is another Canadian restaurant called One Love. So I would imagine between the two you might be able to find what you need. The grocery stores here carry clamato juice. One Love also sells poutine, even though it's not on the menu.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
I live in Las Terrenas. I haven't eaten at the Lazy Dog but two restaurants over is another Canadian restaurant called One Love. So I would imagine between the two you might be able to find what you need. The grocery stores here carry clamato juice. One Love also sells poutine, even though it's not on the menu.[/QUOTED
DO NOT PUT POUTINE IN YOUR CAESAR..........doesn't work

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Mott's is available almost everywhere.

Do yourself a favour and throw in some Beef broth

A bloody Caesar.................

Horseradish optional

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
A Bloody Bullshot or a Bloody Caesar....
depending on which side of the fence you're on

A Caesar is Clamato (Motts)
A Bullshot is Beef broth (Consomme will gel with ice, avoid it)

Either can be 'Bloody'.........

Bloody Bullshot is more correct for the Beef Broth idea.

Mixologist WW

When i spent time in Courchevel, I taught them the beer and tomato juice routine.
They were dumbfounded...........

KITTU

May 13, 2015
A Bloody Bullshot or a Bloody Caesar....
depending on which side of the fence you're on

A Caesar is Clamato (Motts)
A Bullshot is Beef broth (Consomme will gel with ice, avoid it)

Either can be 'Bloody'.........

Bloody Bullshot is more correct for the Beef Broth idea.

Mixologist WW

When i spent time in Courchevel, I taught them the beer and tomato juice routine.
They were dumbfounded...........

Whom were you teaching, the french in 1450 or the arabs in 1650 or the russians in 1850?

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Drinks are really not this Countries strong point, especially in small tourist towns. I would not hold your breath for a good Caesar!!!

I have now gathered enough intelligence from the DR1 community that I believe we can make our own PERFECT Dominican Caeser in the event that we cannot procure one at One Love or The Lazy Dog :smoke:
For those of you in LT that contributed information, PM me, there will be a PERFECT Dominican Caeser awaiting you at the Alisei :classic:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
rumble,
we make them regularly..... with great success.

Everything you need is here - except the horseradish, can't find it any more.
A hot mustard is a good alternative.

We import the horseradish........ often !!!

Bottoms up !!

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I could never understand why so few Canadian foods became trendy elsewhere. Caesars, Poutine and Beaver Tails are the only things I can name offhand, and I only know that a Beaver Tail is some kind of pastry. Given the French Canadians are of the same stock as Cajuns, you'd think they would have come up with something other than pea soup..

No disrespect to my former neighbors to the north, but to the best of my knowledge, nobody has ever said, "Honey. Let's order in some Canadian food tonight."

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Drinks are really not this Countries strong point, especially in small tourist towns. I would not hold your breath for a good Caesar!!!

Tell me about it. In BC last week, wanted a dry martini; I knew it was going to be an adventure, so I explained it in detail to the waiter. Comes back with sweet vermouth. I goes up to the bar, tells the bartender EXACTLY what to put in it. Get the blank stare.
Settled for rum punch.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Back bacon.... also known as Canadian bacon ?

Cod's tongues in Newfoundland.... a delicacy.

Bill, I never thought I would see words cod tongues in DR1. I'm a Newfoundlander and have tried them. They are a delicacy but have to be prepared properly, otherwise the texture is jelly like and not appetizing. Have you tried them?