Ceasers At Lazy Dog

eddierowe

Jan 19, 2016
Hi this is Eddie, I am part owner of Lazy Dog in Las Terrenas and Lazy Dog Cabarete. I myself am not Canadian but my partner is and I can assure you we make a real Caesar (the drink, we also make a great Caesar salad but that is for another thread). We use clamato, horseradish and all the fixin's

eddierowe

Jan 19, 2016
We are located in EL PUEBLO DE LOS PESCADORES, Las Terrenas' we are open from 11am to 12 midnight every day. we also do Brunch on Sunday from 10 til 2

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Hi this is Eddie, I am part owner of Lazy Dog in Las Terrenas and Lazy Dog Cabarete. I myself am not Canadian but my partner is and I can assure you we make a real Caesar (the drink, we also make a great Caesar salad but that is for another thread). We use clamato, horseradish and all the fixin's

Fantastic update Eddie. I will be bringing a group of thirsty Canucks to the Lazy Dog in late Feb.
Looking forward to having the perfect Dominican Caeser, no pressure :cool:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Bill, I never thought I would see words cod tongues in DR1. I'm a Newfoundlander and have tried them. They are a delicacy but have to be prepared properly, otherwise the texture is jelly like and not appetizing. Have you tried them?

Never had them , but John Crosbie served at big events - didn't he?
Showing off the local cuisine

hahaha

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Never had them , but John Crosbie served at big events - didn't he?
Showing off the local cuisine

hahaha
Ahh! Dear old John,
One of the most colourful characters to grace our legislature and the House of Commons. Brilliant man. Sharp legal mind, a
top graduate of Dalhousie Law school and a weird sense of humour too boot. I still remember his jibes at Tequila Sheila during
question period. He and Sheila Copps developed a grudging respect for each other. One of John's favourite lines was, " Its easy
to spot the Newfoundlanders in heaven. Their the ones who want to go home". My favourite NL dessert is Partridge Berry
Parfait, layers of berry compote, fresh cream, splashed with NL Screech rum. Lard Thunderin Jasus! Some good by!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There's another old standby....

Screech................ a rum for those who don't know

Newfie Screech............

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
rumble,
we make them regularly..... with great success.

Everything you need is here - except the horseradish, can't find it any more.
A hot mustard is a good alternative.

We import the horseradish........ often !!!

Bottoms up !!

Can you get cocktail seafood sauce...Extra hot?
I would think it could work in a pinch. Add a splash of extra vodka and you shouldn't notice

Fredo

Mar 17, 2013
If I want poutine or Canadian Ceasar i go to Canada.... when I want Cuba libre I go to Cuba... In the DR I drin Presidente, Bohemia, Burgal, Marcoris, etc..

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Can you get cocktail seafood sauce...Extra hot?
I would think it could work in a pinch. Add a splash of extra vodka and you shouldn't notice

good thinking.... might work

we used to get horseradish in the German food section..
for some reason, no more. ???

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
No disrespect to my former neighbors to the north, but to the best of my knowledge, nobody has ever said, "Honey. Let's order in some Canadian food tonight."

No disrespect to my former neighbors to the south, but to the best of my knowledge, nobody has ever said, "Honey. Lets order in some American food tonight."

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Weight and space limitations. We are there for 18 days so I will not be packing beverages and garnishing's.
I am confident someone in the DR (LT) community will help me in my quest to find the perfect Domincan Ceaser.

You can probably buy the ingredients in Las Terrenas. Try the new supermarket. Bring a small bottle of your hot sauce with you. On the other hand you are in the DR so why not try something else for a couple of weeks.