just got a call from danilo...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Well, if nothing else, this thread is going away. I believe we've said all we can about Danilo robocalls. And more.

Closed.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Election Time

How many of you are getting Robo phone calls, about the election?

Everyday I get a call. The recording is so fast that I'm not sure what they are saying, but it's starting to get annoying because the calls are coming in on my house and cell phone. Election is this Sunday right?

russ_offord

Jun 6, 2007
blog.jarabacoa.org
How did Danilo get North American Phone Numbers?

How did the PLD political party get a hold of my Wisconsin-based Google Voice phone number? This is happening with many expats here in the DR.

Did someone hack national telecommunications and is harvesting phone call data?

For example, I don't use my GV for anything within the DR... I don't register accounts or file paperwork with it here. However, last week I did use it to call a friend in the DR while travelling in USA. Also, my wife called my GV number once from the DR around the same time.

Here is a FB video about the phone call I received:
https://www.facebook.com/russofford/videos/10153613371121149/?l=4258728939757880970

Some comments I have seen online show Americans and Canadians getting calls, even at their work numbers. When I ask one person if they ever called to/from that number from the DR... she said that only once they called their work line while within the DR using their cell phone. They later got a Danilo call on both their USA work line and cell phone!

Billp

Feb 2, 2013
Don't think for a minute that your cell phone records are private ............... kinda like anything you post on the interent

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yesterday it was my mobile, today, the house phone. he's got tons of publicity from that stunt. it was all over dominican media.

May 12, 2005
Danilo Robo Calls Voters

DaniloNoMeLlame-600x368.jpg

[video]https://www.facebook.com/somospueblord/videos[/video]

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I know the polls say otherwise but I haven't met the first person saying he/she'll vote for Danilo.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I know the polls say otherwise but I haven't met the first person saying he/she'll vote for Danilo.

i listened to a radio call in program months ago. the presenter asked all the callers who they planned to vote for. 23 guys said Abinader, 6 said Danilo. yet, the official polls have Danilo way ahead.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Danilo called me last night. He said if I voted for him I had a free chicken I could pickup at the colmado. I said Danny boy Im a vegetarian. He then offered me a salami. Again I said Danilo, Im a vegetarian. He said Dominican salami has zero % meat. I asked him how much will be invested in education over the next 4 years. He said very little. I asked why? He said the people here don't want education they prefer rum, beer and smartphones. I said so what can you do to fix that? He said they are planning to invest in more businesses that sell rum, beer and smartphones. He then asked me if my IQ was above or below 50? I said its actually over 100. He hung up on me!

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
[video=youtube_share;9rIl98PIKDo]https://youtu.be/9rIl98PIKDo[/video]

"This is Guillermo Moreno. Call me back; I don't have any minutes." :laugh: