New stuff going on for folks entering/ overstaying visas.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
From today's news....

Deportations, etc
===========================================================

The DGM reports that 7,598 foreigners from 12 different countries were repatriated or not allowed to enter the Dominican Republic. According to the report, those repatriated came from Haiti, Afghanistan, Albania, China, Colombia, Cuba, Great Britain, Honduras, Nigeria, Puerto Rico, Turkey and Venezuela.

At the same time 592 residencies of different categories were issued to foreigners from 51 nations.

The report goes on to say that 3,140 foreigners were not allowed to enter the country by air, sea and land and 4,458 were deported for irregular migratory status.

Finally, during February, some 201 Dominicans were deported to the Dominican Republic having completed jail terms in different countries.
Not one person from the U.S. or Canada,hmmmm.

cruzan1

Sep 12, 2016
49 pages on this.. wow. Can't we just make a sticky and be done here. 
I'll type it - feel free to edit.

Welcome to the Dominican Republic. Contrary to popular belief we really are a legitimate country and we have a few LAWS when it comes to immigration. 30 Day Tourist Visa's are available at the airport for the small fee of 10.00. You do not need to file paperwork or go to an embassy for permission to enter. Just book a R/T ticket and fly in. When you arrive please present your VALID passport, pay the $10.00 fee (USD only please/thank you) and head off to enjoy our great country. Unfortunately we cannot allow you to seek employment while you are here visiting as we really need to provide jobs to the people who live here. If you "accidentally" overstay your 30 day visa we will ask you to pay a small fee at the airport as you exit. Feel free to come back and visit at any time. For those interested in seeking employment, living here permanently, working in our economy please read the rules and procedures regarding residency. Lastly, if you choose to sneak into the country and knowingly violate the terms of our tourist visa program be prepared to answer a few questions. Feel free to post a longwinded, self pity infused youtube video detailing your horrible experience with our C&I officers at the airport.

Last edited:

affald

May 17, 2004
49 pages on this.. wow. Can't we just make a sticky and be done here. 
I'll type it - feel free to edit.

Welcome to the Dominican Republic. Contrary to popular belief we really are a legitimate country and we have a few LAWS when it comes to immigration. 30 Day Tourist Visa's are available at the airport for the small fee of 10.00. You do not need to file paperwork or go to an embassy for permission to enter. Just book a R/T ticket and fly in. When you arrive please present your VALID passport, pay the $10.00 fee (USD only please/thank you) and head off to enjoy our great country. Unfortunately we cannot allow you to seek employment while you are here visiting as we really need to provide jobs to the people who live here. If you "accidentally" overstay your 30 day visa we will ask you to pay a small fee at the airport as you exit. Feel free to come back and visit at any time. For those interested in seeking employment, living here permanently, working in our economy please read the rules and procedures regarding residency. Lastly, if you choose to sneak into the country and knowingly violate the terms of our tourist visa program be prepared to answer a few questions. Feel free to post a longwinded, self pity infused youtube video detailing your horrible experience with our C&I officers at the airport.
You are so correct!

And please have all those law abiding Dominicans that happen to accidentally be in the USA illegally return home. Have those involved in sham marriages turn themselves in. Have those that are the Financial guarantors of immigrants reimburse the USA government for the public assistance.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
You are so correct!

And please have all those law abiding Dominicans that happen to accidentally be in the USA illegally return home. Have those involved in sham marriages turn themselves in. Have those that are the Financial guarantors of immigrants reimburse the USA government for the public assistance.

Ok. I'll talk to my people and ask them to repatriate all the illegal DR citizens back to their country and sham marriages, etc, be taken care of. They are currently backlogged but they'll get right on it after the backlog has been cleared:squareeye

Last edited:

affald

May 17, 2004
Ok. I'll talk to my people and ask them to repatriate all the illegal DR citizens back to their country and sham marriages, etc, be taken care of. They are currently backlogged but they'll get right on it after the backlog has been cleared:squareeye
Give a man a fish, he can eat for a day.

Deport an illegal alien and you never have to feed him again.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Hmm how many other people have heard of immigration issues at the airport? I am so curious I know many people who overstay. I am curious.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Hmm how many other people have heard of immigration issues at the airport? I am so curious I know many people who overstay. I am curious.

Well Joe you have 50 pages here to scroll through..have fun , get some popcorn ?????? it’s helps on repitative disorder this topic has, in 10 months it will start again if your bored..

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

I hear stories of people who are deported all the time but they all seem to have one
thing in common. They come from countries where their fellow country men have a tendency
to work jobs that could go to a Dominican for less pay OR they come from some sh*thole country
with an internationally known bad reputation like Albania or Nigeria.

I understand their are some politicians who believe all foreigners should be treated equally when
it comes to their immigration "status" however, in a country where absolutey no one is treated
equally regarding anything... I don't see how this will ever be possible.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Well Joe you have 50 pages here to scroll through..have fun , get some popcorn ������ it’s helps on repitative disorder this topic has, in 10 months it will start again if your bored..

Business module.

drboal

Sep 7, 2017
You are so correct!

Several 100 thousand people returning to the DR that's the figure from ICE/homeland security dept. Hmmm increase the population by almost a half a million people in a short period of time!?? Sounds like a big problem to me! How do you spell disaster!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Just on my way back home to SDQ via San Juan and was specifically asked by Jet Blue for my residency or return ticket prior to giving me my boarding pass and they wrote my residency number on my boarding pass. It is quite normal to be asked for this in SJU, but the check in guy was quite open and said the policy of Jet Blue was to ask for such proof this year after issues with non entry.

We have heard before of passengers from USA not being asked for such proof so I guess it comes down to thoroughness of ground staff.

Now I bet this is still not universal but be prepared.

My Jet Blue flight is currently delayed by 3 hours so I'm regretting I didn't go by Dominican carrier Air Century today because they always fly on time. I opted for the through ticket. Anyhow the Avianca Lounge in SJU is only US 32.50 so the free wine and drinks with snacks make the time fly.

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Just on my way back home to SDQ via San Juan and was specifically asked by Jet Blue for my residency or return ticket prior to giving me my boarding pass and they wrote my residency number on my boarding pass. It is quite normal to be asked for this in SJU, but the check in guy was quite open and said the policy of Jet Blue was to ask for such proof this year after issues with non entry.

We have heard before of passengers from USA not being asked for such proof so I guess it comes down to thoroughness of ground staff.

Now I bet this is still not universal but be prepared.

My Jet Blue flight is currently delayed by 3 hours so I'm regretting I didn't go by Dominican carrier Air Century today because they always fly on time. I opted for the through ticket. Anyhow the Avianca Lounge in SJU is only US 32.50 so the free wine and drinks with snacks make the time fly.

This is nothing new from my experience with Jet Blue. I once had to purchase a return ticket while standing at the counter, just to get my re-fund upon arrival. Spirit out of FLL asks but I always have my standard Itinerary (original old one revised) with return info from Jet Blue. I believe it is just a mandatory field because when they see the flight number or something else they type it in and don't give it another thought.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
This is nothing new from my experience with Jet Blue. I once had to purchase a return ticket while standing at the counter, just to get my re-fund upon arrival. Spirit out of FLL asks but I always have my standard Itinerary (original old one revised) with return info from Jet Blue. I believe it is just a mandatory field because when they see the flight number or something else they type it in and don't give it another thought.
Never seen them write a clearance on my ticket before and i fly with them a lot from SJU hence the heads up

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Does anyone from New York know where one has to go to get the background check,FBI,New York City Police Dept.?

Got to 1 Police Plaza and ask for a "Good Guy Letter". Criminal records check. It was on the first floor last I went. They print you on a livescan machine and the results come fast. The letter has a copy of your prints and the results.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have been asked by -
WestJet
JetBlue
United

None of them regularly... but have been asked

As for noting on the boarding pass
Never seen that... but it makes sense

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Got to 1 Police Plaza and ask for a "Good Guy Letter". Criminal records check. It was on the first floor last I went. They print you on a livescan machine and the results come fast. The letter has a copy of your prints and the results.

Please be advised that it is my understanding that the only acceptable 'Good Guy' letter must be issued by the FBI.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
AA normally asks for all info then stamps Doc's ok on the ticket