On Christmas, Make A Poor Family Happy.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Yes, Virginia there really is a Santa Claus...

You know it! Those were my thoughts exactly!

I have heard through the grapevine that Aftab is actually a very kind, caring, loveable person who has a heart of gold. He justs puts on a tough personna because he heard woman like woman like "bad boys" and that nice men finish last! :cheeky:

Sorry to let the cat out of the bag! ;)

Marlie

Well that may be true, but I for one will not be convinced until I see proof.
Photos: Red velour suit, 2-3 helpers, sack of toys... happy children. I'm not asking for much. ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks for the kind words.
Ok, true, I am not mean to anyone in real life and especially to the poor. I was poor once, (oh well) maybe more than once.
I was simply writing all the negativities to simply go against the grain of miguel's emotional soap opera. Miguel wanted to create a drama to lure everyone into applauding him for his altruistic actions; calling him what a kind hearted saint etc. hahahaha. So I just wanted to make his thread a bit sour.
Good work Miguel and the rest for helping out the poor in hard times. I will not be giving money to poor in DR this time of the year because I had send and will be sending more money to the desperately needy earthquake victims in northern Pakistan. The earthquake that struck the northern part of Pakistan about 2 year ago, completely devastating that region causing thousands of deaths, leaving hundreds and thousands homeless and kids without families. I think these people could use my money more than the people here at the moment. Remember, no one goes hungry here in DR, yet in many other parts of the world, people die of hunger everyday. I do my share of help in DR. I give out money to beggars with missing limbs. I help the poor in my office, often providing them with free service etc.
AZB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Plu....

I have heard through the grapevine that Aftab is actually a very kind, caring, loveable person who has a heart of gold. He justs puts on a tough personna because he heard woman like woman like "bad boys" and that nice men finish last! :cheeky:

Marlie
Indeed Marlie.

He is also bald-headed and has a back full of hair, hahahahaha.

Margaret: thanks but if you read the OP, if you know someone in the DR to do it for you, go for it.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que baboso...

miguel's emotional soap opera. Miguel wanted to create a drama to lure everyone into applauding him for his altruistic actions; calling him what a kind hearted saint etc. hahahaha. So I just wanted to make his thread a bit sour.
AZB
You know, the above statement coming from anybody else on this site would had been ok but coming from you, I can honestly tell you that it was uncalled for.

One of the first things I said on this thread is that people didn't need to post, to just help.

I am the type of person, and FireGuy is my witness, that I don't even like to be told "thank you" when I give/donate something.

I don't know what it is but I actually get embarrassed when I am told "thank you" after giving/donating something. Perhaps it's because it comes from my heart and it's just a pleasure doing it. So for you to write the above statement, imo, it's uncalled for.

Btw: just remember that you are NOT the only Pakistani I know and I hope that you DID saved that PM I sent you the day that earthquake hit Pakistan so you can see how concerned I was about your family and friends in Pakistan, you moron.

Anyways, PLEASE helps as much as you guys can.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
well, no need to yell at me. I am already being punished by god. I am sick with flu in bed :(
AZB

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I am the type of person, and FireGuy is my witness, that I don't even like to be told "thank you" when I give/donate something.

I don't know what it is but I actually get embarrassed when I am told "thank you" after giving/donating something.
But, NOW, whenever I want to give or donate something, I donate it to "BEYOND THE BEACH CHILDREN'S FOUNDATION".

Hey, at least you get a "thank you" PM (and post) from them.
Contradicting yourself again?;)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
You think?.

Contradicting yourself again?;)
If you think I am contradicting myself, send FireGuy or Hlywud a PM and ask them what I tell them when they say "thank you" to me.

I was just talking about the difference between both charities.

Now, are you helping the poor in the DR of just trying to be a ball breaker?.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
Now, are you helping the poor in the DR of just trying to be a ball breaker?.
Just ruffling your feathers and rattling your cage amigo. :nervous: ;)

Not that it is anybody's business but I give to many worthy causes including some that help the poor in the DR.
I enjoy helping out many people when I visit the DR.:)
If you take up a collection, I would be happy to contribute.:classic:

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
I just got back from my pre-Christmas trip to Puerto Plata. I spent 2 wonderful weeks playing Santa Claus to my 5 Dominican families - a total of 8 children and 10 adults. I had a blast helping to make this Christmas just a little more special for them. I would hope that everyone that travels to this beautiful country, at this time of year, shares in the joy of giving to others.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Deal.....

Just ruffling your feathers and rattling your cage amigo. :nervous: ;)

If you take up a collection, I would be happy to contribute.:classic:
Deal!!.

I will post on Hlywud thread about Beyond The Beach Children Foundation, there I will post about a contribution and I hope to see your post after mine.

Gone to that thread..........

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ok...

I was thinking it would be nice to help you spread some more Christmas cheer in the DR.

I have supported BTBCF recently and I will support them again but I have no desire to post about it.
Thanks but "my plate is very full" as it is. But if you know someone in the DR who needs your help, call them and help them.

Now, I do understand how you feel if you don't want to post about it. BUT:

I am a true believer that any "publicity" is good. Therefore, people will follow if they see someone doing something.

I have no problem whatsoever in saying: "guys I donated, please donate too". By saying that, all I am trying to do is for others to do the same.

Anyways.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
But if you know someone in the DR who needs your help, call them and help them.
I just got back last week and I helped plenty of people as I also did in September and June and every other time I have visited.
I am not planning to send Christmas presents but my next trip will probably be early in the new year.
I am certainly not rich but I try to bring some cheer to a lot of people.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Same here....

I am certainly not rich but I try to bring some cheer to a lot of people.
I know what you mean, I am also a poor man but I my dear mom, RIP, told me that "God help those who help others".

One thing I can honestly tell you, if I ever get to be a millionaire, I will NOT be one for too long, I just like to help too much, jeje.

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
miguel,Malibook

I know what you mean, I am also a poor man but I my dear mom, RIP, told me that "God help those who help others".

One thing I can honestly tell you, if I ever get to be a millionaire, I will NOT be one for too long, I just like to help too much, jeje.

There are many people who are rich but morally bankrupt.I would consider both you gentleman very rich morally.
Thanks for contributing to BTBCF
hifiman

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Indeed!

Let me tell you how good any publicity is:

Did you guys heard about Danny Devito being all drunk while being interviewed on a TV show, I believe it was about a 1-2 weeks ago?.

Well, on "Entertainment Tonight" I heard he had been drinking "Limoncello" with some friends of his, the night before.

Since I am not a heavy drinker, I asked a friend of mine, during a conversation, if he knew about that drink. He said yes and that it was good.

Guess what?, I went out an bought a bottle of "Limoncello".

Well, let me tell you guys that Italians not only "make" breautiful women, they also make good liquors because that "Limoncello" is greeeeeeat!.

The point is that if I had not found about "Limoncello" from a drunken actor, I wouldn't had known about such a goody drink, therefore, any publicity is good publicity. (Just making a point why people should say when they help, so others can follow).

Edited to add: thanks hifiman, just don't say it too loud, hahaha.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Did you guys heard about .

I am no grammer police but since miguel makes this mistake quite often, almost always, therefore, I am compelled to point out his error.
Its not "did you heard...." it should be "Did you hear... "(not heard when you use did at the beginning).

by the way, purse is not spelled Pulse.
AZB