Sosa watch

C

Chip00

Sammy ain't getting invited to the All-Star game, no matter if he hits 6000 HRs and the whole feel-good story for some. That goodwill is long gone. They're NOT gonna vote part of baseball's current black-eye situation into the All-Star game. And someone had the nerve to mention humble and Sammy Sosa in the same paragraph??? LOL, Hilarious.

Mark Teixiera or Michael Young would get the Texas invite LONG before Sammy.

FYI bud apparently a lot of people don't agree becasue they HAVE voted for Sammy and he is in 11 position. He may still not get in at this point but he is still receiving a lot of votes.

The Official Site of Major League Baseball: News: Major League Baseball News

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Don't doubt it

FYI bud apparently a lot of people don't agree becasue they HAVE voted for Sammy and he is in 11 position. He may still not get in at this point but he is still receiving a lot of votes.

The Official Site of Major League Baseball: News: Major League Baseball News

But those numbers outside of the top 3, mean absolutely nothing. As a die-hard Yankee fan, no way in hell do Abreu and Damon deserve even honorable mention in All-Star voting. But there they are sitting at #5 and #6. So, do those Sammy votes really mean anything at all? Thought not.

Plus, after the starting lineup is chosen by fans, it's manager's choice. And there are many more players in line ahead of Sammy. Then when it comes down to reputation, you think anyone's gonna go to bat for him? Seriously. Yeah....right. This is the bed he made for himself.

Again, the Rangers will be represented by Mark Teixiera, Ian Kinsler or Michael Young.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Perdido.....

Hey Chip-

Now that the All Star Game has come and gone, where was Sammy???

LOL!!!
Hey Toney, my buddy Chip00 has been MIA (Missing In Action) for a little while now.

Maybe Pujols is asking the same thing: "Where in hell was I that I wasn't used", haha!.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Albert Pujols ain't Sammy Sosa.

I understand Larussa's explanation, BUT it's Albert "freaking" Pujols. He HITS in the bottom of the 9th, esp. when a rally was mounting. I think 29 other managers would've put Pujols up at the plate. Damn the extra innings excuse. You cross that bridge when you get to it. MLB has shown that they will call a tie game if it goes too long.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Found this telling..

The Rangers talked to other clubs about Sosa before the trade deadline, but they found no takers. He hit just .179 with two home runs and seven RBIs in July.

Look at it this away, the last place Rangers filled up some extra seats and Sosa, well he satisfied his ego.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
next year when you go to the DR, just ask for Sammy the motoconcho driver !! :laugh:

Sep 19, 2005
Riding the pine.
Rangers going with the youth movement.

dammm what chance does he have now of breaking major leage baseballs ALL TIME CARRER record for ......

STRIKEOUTS

I guess he will just get stuck behind reggie jackson forever in second place!!!!

bob

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Poor old Sammy, they put him on the bench even though he was by far the leader in RBI"S. There just ain't no respect anymore.

His only hope is that he can make the most of his remaining at bats and keep his chin up to repair his "not team oriented" image so that some other team next year will pick him up - hopefully the NL because he bats better when he plays in the outfield.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Someone said that he started off as one of the Shoe-Shine boyz working in SD or on El Conde..... Do you think he is going to try to get his job back in 2008?

;)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
as i said Granny Sosa will be driving a motoconcho in SDQ next season :laugh:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Todos pa' la mierquina.......

ALLLLL cheaters should be benched.

I am sorry they didn't bench that 'RoidsHead, Barry Bonds, BEFORE he tied Aaron!!.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
as i said Granny Sosa will be driving a motoconcho in SDQ next season :laugh:

Not, haha! Look for Sammy to picked up next year. After all, 20 Hr, 92 rbi's aren't anything to laugh at considering that is equal to the production as Michael Young, with 150 less at bats and about $14M less salary!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
No te olvide......

Not, haha! Look for Sammy to picked up next year. After all, 20 Hr, 92 rbi's aren't anything to laugh at considering that is equal to the production as Michael Young, with 150 less at bats and about $14M less salary!
Don't forget, Chip, that he also comes with a "reputation" and there are a few teams out there that do NOT want to deal with it.

Maybe he is going to be signed, by them or any other team, but whomever signs him will be aware of what comes with signing someone suspected of being a cheater.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Don't forget, Chip, that he also comes with a "reputation" and there are a few teams out there that do NOT want to deal with it.

Maybe he is going to be signed, by them or any other team, but whomever signs him will be aware of what comes with signing someone suspected of being a cheater.

Key word suspected. Remember, this is el orgulloso de antes AND he ain't no Barry Bonds either - he actually likes the fans and talks to the reporters and he never admitted to using roids like Barry. The bat was a bad deal for sure, but people have a short memory. There have been numerous very favorable articles about Sammy this year and anybody who thinks he ain't going to the hall eat ..... emapanadas!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Key word suspected. Remember, this is el orgulloso de antes AND he ain't no Barry Bonds either - he actually likes the fans and talks to the reporters and he never admitted to using roids like Barry. The bat was a bad deal for sure, but people have a short memory. There have been numerous very favorable articles about Sammy this year and anybody who thinks he ain't going to the hall eat ..... emapanadas!

Listen, of course he was on 'roids. No one who has been a lifelong baseball fan can dispute this. But it is illogical to hang the whole steroids era on a few players when so many that we do not know about were doing it.

If you're going to hang that accusation on Barry and Slammin' Sammy then you need to put that steroid puppy Roger Clemens' name in there too.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Listen, of course he was on 'roids. No one who has been a lifelong baseball fan can dispute this. But it is illogical to hang the whole steroids era on a few players when so many that we do not know about were doing it.

If you're going to hang that accusation on Barry and Slammin' Sammy then you need to put that steroid puppy Roger Clemens' name in there too.

Man o man, we have turned into a people of judge jury executioner just becasue some guy "looks" bigger but never had any evidence against him, only chisme. What in the world ever happened to innocent until proven guilty, oh cripes!!!! :)

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Have you ever wondered how come MOST of the "suspected" 'roid users are NOT hitting homers like crazy anymore?.

Name me ONE who has hit them as he used to?.

Am I the only one who thinks that AFTER they were "suspected" of it, that all of a sudden they are, in many cases, "injured" all the time?.

I guess they need an excuse!.

Now, MY OPINION (NOTE: MY OPINION) is that Sammy is indeed a cheater and not only should his numbers have an * on them, but I also wish they take the Roberto Clemente Award away from him!!.

Annnnd btw: I feel the same way about McGwire, Palmeiro, Canseco and ALLLLL cheaters!.

Baseball would be much better without them!.

Just MY OPINION.