Sosa watch

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Si senor.....

Miguel - did Sammy really win the Clemente Award one year? Please say it ain't so!
You are a winner as you got my last post!!. Wahahahaha!!.

Yes he did.....In 1998.

Yes, I know what you are thinking: "Say it ain't so"Sa", haha.

Adios........................................................................................

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Here's the problem with this train of thought

Barry Bonds. The apparent media-appointed poster child for all that is wrong with baseball.

Even injured much of this year, look at his numbers.

2007 - 28HRs, 66 RBIs, .276 avg, .480 OBP, .560 Slugging % in only 340 official at-bats. Oh yeah, 132 walks.

2006 - 26HRs, 77RBIs, .270 avg, .454 OBP, .565 Slugging % in 376 official at-bats. Oh yeah, 115 walks.

Imagine what they would've been if those chicken-**** NL pitchers would've not ducked facing him.

Any sane person knows he's not been on anything in the past couple of years, at the least. Explain those numbers....at 42 yrs old. Can't deny it, no matter how much you can't stand him.

Have you ever wondered how come MOST of the "suspected" 'roid users are NOT hitting homers like crazy anymore?.

Name me ONE who has hit them as he used to?.

Am I the only one who thinks that AFTER they were "suspected" of it, that all of a sudden they are, in many cases, "injured" all the time?.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Bonds lactating during playoffs?

Barry Bonds. The apparent media-appointed poster child for all that is wrong with baseball.

Any sane person knows he's not been on anything in the past couple of years, at the least. Explain those numbers....at 42 yrs old. Can't deny it, no matter how much you can't stand him.

He's still on HGH, I'm not sane by any means, so I can know it. MLB doesn't test for HGH, with all his injuries I'm sure he's as juiced up as ever.

Anyone hear the spilling of Bonds trainer's cell mate in jail? The majority of it has to be fiction, but some of the descriptions and dates mentioned make so much sense it's scary.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
He's still on HGH, I'm not sane by any means, so I can know it. MLB doesn't test for HGH, with all his injuries I'm sure he's as juiced up as ever.

Anyone hear the spilling of Bonds trainer's cell mate in jail? The majority of it has to be fiction, but some of the descriptions and dates mentioned make so much sense it's scary.

Until MLB, not some punk-ass reporters with an ax to grind, find him guilty of something, anything, it's all just BS. I personally think he took something, but I also think OJ just got set-up. What do I know. It's all opinions. You think Bonds could get HGH for the past 3 yrs and running without something leaking out about it??? Get real.

The word of his trainer's cell mate???? You're kidding me, right? That's really credible, the word of a convict. They've officially been going after Bonds full throttle for over 3 yrs now.

Bonds isn't some genius that people are making him out to be. If there was anything concrete with all the speculation and coincidences and Giambi's explanation on how the system works, yet they still got nothing??? Basketball Head Bonds would've left some evidence trail tying him to something, including HGH. Don't ya think?

At least Sammy could fly back to the DR in the off-season and get his cycles and escape detection. Bonds is right there near the facility that was raided (Balco) and thoroughly investigated, along with his homes, and to this day nothing on him? Meanwhile the likes of Scott Schoenweis, Troy Glaus, Jay Gibbons, Rick Ankiel et all are showing up with links to steriods and HGH across the country.

At the end of all of this, Bonds keeps hitting home runs, and pitchers are still scared to face him. If you were a pitcher in 2007, who would you prefer to face, Bonds or Sosa?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Until MLB, not some punk-ass reporters with an ax to grind, find him guilty of something, anything, it's all just BS. I personally think he took something, but I also think OJ just got set-up. What do I know. It's all opinions. You think Bonds could get HGH for the past 3 yrs and running without something leaking out about it??? Get real.

The word of his trainer's cell mate???? You're kidding me, right? That's really credible, the word of a convict. They've officially been going after Bonds full throttle for over 3 yrs now.

Bonds isn't some genius that people are making him out to be. If there was anything concrete with all the speculation and coincidences and Giambi's explanation on how the system works, yet they still got nothing??? Basketball Head Bonds would've left some evidence trail tying him to something, including HGH. Don't ya think?

At least Sammy could fly back to the DR in the off-season and get his cycles and escape detection. Bonds is right there near the facility that was raided (Balco) and thoroughly investigated, along with his homes, and to this day nothing on him? Meanwhile the likes of Scott Schoenweis, Troy Glaus, Jay Gibbons, Rick Ankiel et all are showing up with links to steriods and HGH across the country.

At the end of all of this, Bonds keeps hitting home runs, and pitchers are still scared to face him. If you were a pitcher in 2007, who would you prefer to face, Bonds or Sosa?

Remember that Barry admitted using the "cream" and the "gel" on los cojones. We know know they were steriods from the doctor that created them and somehow we are supposed to believe that Barry didn't know what was in them.

Also, Sammy never admitted to using any "stuff" of any sort.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Sammy, Marion Jones, Barry, and others all shopped at the Balco K-Mart. :laugh:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
No. In front of the US Congress, he didn't understand English. Remember that?

What does that have to do with admitted using the cream or gel like Barry? He never did, not like Barry who admitted to using them and we know know they were steriods.

Also, I have heard Sammy talk in English, and if I were him I wouldn't take any chances either.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
What does that have to do with admitted using the cream or gel like Barry? He never did, not like Barry who admitted to using them and we know know they were steriods.

Also, I have heard Sammy talk in English, and if I were him I wouldn't take any chances either.

Since Barry's "admitted using the cream or gel", where's the evidence? MLB is VERY interested in this stuff, as is George Mitchell. Care to point them in the direction??? They've been gunning for the dude for a long time now. Yet, absolutely nothing.

What an excuse for Sammy you make. You realize that it was at this moment that any shred of credibility that remained for him completely diminished, and it had nothing to do with the steroids at that point.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Since Barry's "admitted using the cream or gel", where's the evidence? MLB is VERY interested in this stuff, as is George Mitchell. Care to point them in the direction??? They've been gunning for the dude for a long time now. Yet, absolutely nothing.

Need I say more????

"Barry Bonds testified to a grand jury that he used a clear substance and a cream given to him by a trainer who was indicted in a steroid-distribution ring, but said he didn't know they were steroids, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Friday.

Bonds told a U.S. grand jury that he used undetectable steroids known as "the cream" and "the clear," which he received from personal trainer Greg Anderson during the 2003 season. According to Bonds, the trainer told him the substances were the nutritional supplement flaxseed oil and a pain-relieving balm for the player's arthritis."

ESPN - Report: Bonds unknowingly used steroids - MLB

Barry was granted immunity for his Grand Jury Testimony. What they are trying to prove if he really DID know that what he took was steriods, then they could get him for perjury - that is the reason they are trying to get Anderson to confess that he told Barry what was in the stuff before he took them.

You have to be as dumb as doorknob(which Barry is) to believe that by simply telling the world that his best friend of many years was giving him steriod laced drugs without his knowledge. Man o man is this guy as stupid as they come. I don't blame Aaron, his godfather, for not wanting to have anything to do with this guy

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Barry was granted immunity for his Grand Jury Testimony. What they are trying to prove if he really DID know that what he took was steriods, then they could get him for perjury - that is the reason they are trying to get Anderson to confess that he told Barry what was in the stuff before he took them.

You have to be as dumb as doorknob(which Barry is) to believe that by simply telling the world that his best friend of many years was giving him steriod laced drugs without his knowledge. Man o man is this guy as stupid as they come. I don't blame Aaron, his godfather, for not wanting to have anything to do with this guy

He was granted immunity??? When? You and ESPN have an open and shut case. The entities that matter, MLB and US Congress, have yet to reach any conclusion, after 3+ years. I'm inclined to wait. And yes, they're STILL going after him.

For the last time, I think Bonds DID do something, but that's just my OPINION. But everyone's gunning for him, and no one's been able to tie him to anything other than his trainer??? Balco's right down the street, yet no direct link whatsoever between Bonds and Balco? You're making him out to be a genius.

Dumb as a doorknob??? Or, just maybe, I believe in the principle of INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Try some objectivity in the matter. Doesn't hurt. Hope you never find yourself in front of a jury of peers like yourself.

As someone already stated, Aaron isn't his godfather. In relation to Bonds, Bud Selig, ESPN, and the media made the situation appear worse than it was. Hank Aaron is here in Atlanta living a quiet life. He could care less about the record. He wanted no part of the spotlight. Please provide anything contrary to the facts, as thoroughly discussed here in Atlanta this year. They couldn't find ANYTHING where Aaron said anything close to disparaging about Bonds. Aaron's a man of class and grace. He didn't stoop to the level of Selig and ESPN. So get your story right.

Willie Mays, his godfather, stood right beside him through all of this. I think he (arguably the best player ever in his day, including Aaron and Mantle) alone has more credibility than ESPN, Bud Selig, the San Francisco Chronicle and the rest of the media, myself, and you, sir.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
He was granted immunity??? When?

Don't confuse the issues please - he was granted LIMITED immunity for answering the Grand Jury's testimony, by the way which is part of the Federal gov't. and has nothing to do with mlb or ESPN.

BALCO athletes granted immunity / Questions focus on drugs, not money

Or, just maybe, I believe in the principle of INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Try some objectivity in the matter. Doesn't hurt. Hope you never find yourself in front of a jury of peers like yourself.

I'm all for assuming innocence, but again you are confusing the issues. Somehow we are to believe that when Barry said he was using the "cream" and the "clear" that he had no idea that they had steriods. I have been lucky enough to have many close friends in this life and from what I understand Anderson has been a close friend of Barry Bonds since childhood, so I say Barry is stupid because somehow he expects the world to believe that one of his best friends didn't confide in Barry what he was actually giving him. This should sound odd to most reasonable people. FACT is Barry admitted using the steriods during his Grand Jury testimony.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Do you even understand what you post? My last post on this thread

FACT is Barry admitted using the steriods during his Grand Jury testimony.

You post two paragraphs and a link from ESPN basically testifying to Congress that he unknowingly used something. You've taken that and confused your own opinion with the facts of the matter.

Here is what YOU posted.

"Barry Bonds testified to a grand jury that he used a clear substance and a cream given to him by a trainer who was indicted in a steroid-distribution ring, but said he didn't know they were steroids, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Friday.

Bonds told a U.S. grand jury that he used undetectable steroids known as "the cream" and "the clear," which he received from personal trainer Greg Anderson during the 2003 season. According to Bonds, the trainer told him the substances were the nutritional supplement flaxseed oil and a pain-relieving balm for the player's arthritis."

ESPN - Report: Bonds unknowingly used steroids - MLB

Don't confuse the issues please - he was granted LIMITED immunity for answering the Grand Jury's testimony, by the way which is part of the Federal gov't. and has nothing to do with mlb or ESPN.

BALCO athletes granted immunity / Questions focus on drugs, not money

I'm all for assuming innocence, but again you are confusing the issues. Somehow we are to believe that when Barry said he was using the "cream" and the "clear" that he had no idea that they had steriods. I have been lucky enough to have many close friends in this life and from what I understand Anderson has been a close friend of Barry Bonds since childhood, so I say Barry is stupid because somehow he expects the world to believe that one of his best friends didn't confide in Barry what he was actually giving him. This should sound odd to most reasonable people. FACT is Barry admitted using the steriods during his Grand Jury testimony.

You're all for innocence??? No you're not. Read your statement again. It's a preface to a paragraph declaring your opinion that he's guilty. You've already convicted the dude, even though to date after 3+ years, neither MLB, George Mitchell, US Congress, etc. have not been able to find jacksh-t. The IRS, to date, has been most successful in hitting him with tax evasion charges, based on a word of some whore he was screwing and dumped. But, no steroids.

MLB has been able to trace steroid receipts and the like to huge household names like Troy Glaus, Scott Schoenweis, Neifi Perez, etc. Yet Barry Bonds, the biggest name involved, has yet to be charged with anything??? THEY WANT THIS DUDE!!!!

You mean to tell me, there's NO other connection between him and steroids but his trainer/buddy??? No receipts, no witnesses, no nothing???? Even when Greg Anderson was under surveillance and sent to prison, still nothing on Bonds? Yeah, it's stupid on the part of MLB, the feds, Congress, etc. for not being able to find anything to connect Barry Bonds to anything criminal to date. Dude looks like a genius.

MLB just needs to move on. Players took steroids to hit more home runs, throw harder, and recover from injuries and everyday pains. MLB was complicent in allowing this to go on. What's done is done. Since Selig nor the teams will admit mea culpa for their past roles, neither should the players. Therefore, let the sleeping dog lie and move on.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Toneloc

You don't get it do you - the "trainer" in his testimony was his best friend, Anderson. I'm sorry, but I can't believe that Barry really didn't know what his lifelong friend was doing by giving him "flaxseed oil" - if it was somebody else maybe, but his best friend - for goodness sakes buddy, sometimes and apple is just an apple!

BTW, I was a big fan of Mcguire's until his fiasco at the Grand Jury, hey if one isn't man enough to take responsibility for one's actions they get what they deserve. The good thing is that it won't be long before ARod does away with Barry's record and Barry will be just an afterthought, remembered as a cheater and an all around real sob.